The Universe

Harwood Butcher

The Universe

ngc30014lm.jpg

A place we could all say we're from.

This topic is for the discussion of the universe. This includes anything out of our own planet, for those that don't know that's Earth. Now before you post, I just want everyone to come in here, read the post and leave religious beliefs out of the conversation unless you're making a comparison between religion and science, think beyond your religion when reading and posting in here. I am not atheist; I just want this topic to be strictly about the universe. I have a lot of opinions and theories on the universe that some of you may find interesting and I would like you to comment on them if you have anything interesting to say about them. If not, just post some opinions, theories, interesting facts etc.

Here are some things I think about from time to time.

Big Bang Theory

This is a very popular theory that states that the universe was once a very compacted piece of matter that at one point "exploded" from the pressure, causing to form what we are and everything around us is today. Most people wouldn't consider me the scientific type of person, but anything about the universe interest me including this "Big Bang Theory" which I have some opinions on. This theory is used to explain how everything in our universe came into existence, but lacks the explanation on how that small piece of matter came into existence, which later exploded out into what it is today. Now I ask, where did that matter come from? Could it have been created some how by something? That's the main thing I think about this particular theory.

An Expanding Universe

Ever since the "Big Bang" the universe has been expanding in size throughout the universe: up, down, left, right and all angles. After most likely trillions and trillions of years or more, the universe has been expanding and scientist either believe or have fact that it is still expanding after such a long period of time. I always wondered when this phenomenon will end and when or if it does, what is going to fill the rest of the universe, most likely nothing. I also thought...would if there is some sort of "wall" such as a force field which will stop the universe from expanding. I have so many ideas on this and the thoughts of them some times boggles my mind. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this "Expanding Universe" subject.

Other Dimensions

This is where my "Expanding Universe" comment comes into play as to when the universe stops expanding, at least in our own dimension. Scientist have theorized that there is more than one universe, more than just our 3 dimensional (3D) universe. It's easy to think that if there is such a thing, that it'd be a 2 dimensional (2D) universe, being that we know what makes up such a thing. More than a 3D Universe could be hard to think up, but some believe that time itself could be used as a 4th dimension in another dimensional universe, as in time would be used as something to use and not something to live through. If that were to be true, what would make a 5th dimension? After discussing this in school, we concluded that since we only know of a 3D, possibly 4D dimension that we couldn't possibly think of a 5th dimension because of the lack of knowledge of a new "element" to the way we live, look etc.

these are currently the only things I have to say about the universe, but I hope its enough to start a comment. This is for indepth discussion, please do not post something small that wont get the conversation any where.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dimensions bit was meant to be a joke. Does Chris need to make a JOKE tag, so that people will know when someone wants to be funny?

Like I said, Big Bang and expanding universe. It happened and is still going on. As for the part about a random piece of matter just being there, I don't know. Maybe gods start the spark in everything and let everything run its course.

Yeah but how did that matter and anti-matter were created....That means that history is older then universe,something existed before it.

Out of the borders of universe could be another one and so on...there's many solar systems,many galaxies,why not many universes?

Maybe humanity will never find an answer on this question :lolbounce: .

There are three theories about the expanding universe. Now one theory is the expanding universe theory and that the universe will just keep on expanding throughout time.

The second theory is that the universe will just stop expanding. It will just stay still.

The third one is called the "Big Crunch" theory. Now this says that the universe will all reverse and crunch back into the matter it once was and then after that (who knows how long) the Big Bang will occur again.

Well i read somewhere that the BIG BANG happened, when matter hit anti-matter and caused a BIG BANG, then partices were made and expanded to create our universe. As for the dimesions, as what i have herd we are in the 7th dimesion and there are other one around us.

Sorry man, but we're in the 3rd dimension which consist of length, width and height. A 7th dimension consist of those three along with the ability to go inward(4th dimension), able to go through a time-line and go any where in time(5th dimension), have the ability to see the sequence of any shape(6th dimension) and finally be able to see everything's timeline(7th dimension).

Edited by Original GTA Master

Thinking about the Universe somehow always gives me a had ake. It's just above our understanding. And what's a fourth dimension? You only have X,Y and Z. How would you want to have a fourth.

Well i read somewhere that the BIG BANG happened, when matter hit anti-matter and caused a BIG BANG, then partices were made and expanded to create our universe. As for the dimesions, as what i have herd we are in the 7th dimesion and there are other one around us.

It's almost certain it happend. But it's weird though. I mean, the Big Bang was the begin. But how can their be nothing and then suddenly something... How can their be something without an origin...

*get's a head ake.*

Edited by Jace

Thinking about the Universe somehow always gives me a had ake. It's just above our understanding. And what's a fourth dimension? You only have X,Y and Z. How would you want to have a fourth.

It's almost certain it happend. But it's weird though. I mean, the Big Bang was the begin. But how can their be nothing and then suddenly something... How can their be something without an origin...

*get's a head ake.*

Yeah, me and a couple of my friends some how got into this big discussion about this at lunch the one day and came up with the conclusion that the universe, space, wasn't in the "Big Bang", but simply the things that are in the universe today, stars, planets, astroids, etc. The portions of space in between these objects in our universe, empty space, was always there.

But it must have an origin.

Like the chiken and the egg.

Where did the egg come from? From the Chiken. Where did the Chiken come from? Out of the egg?

ect. will you come to 1 celled organisims. How can life suddenly come on to a planet just because it has water. Life can't just automatically start out of nothing than plain water and stone..

But it must have an origin.

Like the chiken and the egg.

Where did the egg come from? From the Chiken. Where did the Chiken come from? Out of the egg?

ect. will you come to 1 celled organisims. How can life suddenly come on to a planet just because it has water. Life can't just automatically start out of nothing than plain water and stone..

Actually all of what you just said came from my question. The chiken came first from evolution of another and so on all the way back until it was a single cell organizm I suppose. The egg came into effect through its evolution. Life came on the planet after bacteria grew over the water, algie or whatever. My question is the biggest of all.

Life can't just automatically start out of nothing than plain water and stone..

Not so much automatic, but it happens. Cells can and do mutate...

I don't really have much to say about the universe... I.. prefer not to know. My brain would explode. :mellow:

I don't know, I like thinking about this stuff...sorta like problem solving, but to a much much higher level. I enjoy creating theories from facts I know about the universe and shit.

Maybe humanity will never find an answer on this question :lolbounce: .

We might just not in our lifetime or our childrens or their childrens etc. I love thinking of this stuff, just not all the time, or my head would be so sore.

The chicken or the egg, its more of case that, What came first, cells or multi-cell?

But i was reading more about this and something i read made perfect sense, we might not of come from earth after the big-bang but our cells were brought down on Meteries, sounds like BS but think about it, if we did come from another planet then well there is other people or 'aliens' out there.

We might just not in our lifetime or our childrens or their childrens etc. I love thinking of this stuff, just not all the time, or my head would be so sore.

Well I personally think we'll never know. I'm sort of surprised that the earth lasted this long and I think that one of these days, maybe not our life time, but some time maybe in the not so distant future that the earth will get destroyed some how. This might happen from getting slammed into a big ass astroid that'd be the size of the moon. Maybe that global warming shit will be the end, there might even be a gama-ray burst. Anything could happen and I think we've been too lucky and the earth will get destroyed, maybe not so much the earth but the life living on it, before we would find out the answer to that question.

We could be sucked by the Black Hole....

You probably know that in the center of our galaxy is one huge black hole,well that black hole and black hole in the center of Andromeda(our neibhboring galaxy) are going towards each other so it will come to a big explosion.Earth may get destroyed in explosion or could just be trown away in outer space.Apocalyps in any way unless we get trown near another sun or something so we can continue to live out of the Milcky Way.

Sorry on my english...

You probably know that in the center of our galaxy is one huge black hole,well that black hole and black hole in the center of Andromeda(our neibhboring galaxy) are going towards each other so it will come to a big explosion.Earth may get destroyed in explosion or could just be trown away in outer space.Apocalyps in any way unless we get trown near another sun or something so we can continue to live out of the Milcky Way.

Sorry on my english...

Well if that were to happen, we'd get crushed by the pressure of the earth traveling how ever fast it'd be going after the shockwave from the explosion. Either that or we'd freeze afterwards because there isn't really any chance that we'd land by another star.

Sorry on my english...

Well if that were to happen, we'd get crushed by the pressure of the earth traveling how ever fast it'd be going after the shockwave from the explosion. Either that or we'd freeze afterwards because there isn't really any chance that we'd land by another star.

Yeah,we can't escape Apocalyps in any way...unless a miracle happens..but you said we shouldn't involve religion so... >.<

But a lifeform can think. And it's just so hard to imagine that somewhere where rocks and lot's of water and vulcano's where somehow plants came (that's life to cause in consistis out of 1 or multiple cels). And then mutated and little organisms. But how the first one some how came. That's the hard part. As soon as there's one it wouldn't suprise me it could mutate and stuff but the begining of it all...

*ah, that hurts*

Well has anyone heard that on oneof Staurns moons there are organisms that will start life, they are similar to the ones that started life on Earth.

Never heard of that. Pretty interesting. I'm guessing we'll be monitoring it so that if it ends up evolving fast, we'll have to step in to make sure it doesn't end up being an intelligent life form or something...you never know... :lolbounce:

• 2 weeks later...