The Universe

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Then what are black holes made from?

Black holes have such a powerful gravity field that not even light can escape. An explosion will not occur just because two things from space (Not magic) hit each other. If 2 black holes reach each other they will just merge.

No they won’t merge. Think about it, both black holes would try to suck the matter that is so tightly within the other that it'd cause an explosion because of the force behind the two. Now it is possible that one would have more pull than the other, but I still don't think the outcome would be that good. With your logic the black holes would continuously, basically, suck each other in one another that would eventually cause an explosion...somewhat like the big bang. One would get sucked into the other that was sucked in first, sort of like if some one were to eat someone else alive and then having that person get eaten by the previously eaten person from the inside then it'd repeat. Now that isn't possible for two humans to do, but that's the best comparison I could make of what would happen with two black holes colliding. There also would be a chance of a black hole being within a black hole, which would suck in the matter that the outer black hole already sucked in, again later causing an explosion (Big Bang).

Black holes have such a powerful gravity field that not even light can escape. An explosion will not occur just because two things from space (Not magic) hit each other. If 2 black holes reach each other they will just merge.

No they won't merge. Think about it, both black holes would try to suck the matter that is so tightly within the other that it'd cause an explosion because of the force behind the two. Now it is possible that one would have more pull than the other, but I still don't think the outcome would be that good. With your logic the black holes would continuously, basically, suck each other in one another that would eventually cause an explosion...somewhat like the big bang. One would get sucked into the other that was sucked in first, sort of like if some one were to eat someone else alive and then having that person get eaten by the previously eaten person from the inside then it'd repeat. Now that isn't possible for two humans to do, but that's the best comparison I could make of what would happen with two black holes colliding. There also would be a chance of a black hole being within a black hole, which would suck in the matter that the outer black hole already sucked in, again later causing an explosion (Big Bang).

wow thanks dude i never really knew that and i'm not being sarcastic i never knew it

Black holes have such a powerful gravity field that not even light can escape. An explosion will not occur just because two things from space (Not magic) hit eachother. If 2 black holes reach eachother they will just merge.

A black hole is actually made from a dead star.

Now two black holes wont collide as scientists say that there is a black hole in every solar system so that they cant collide that way. They are too far apart. Stars look like they are close together but they are millions of miles away. They wont be colliding either.

Black holes have such a powerful gravity field that not even light can escape. An explosion will not occur just because two things from space (Not magic) hit eachother. If 2 black holes reach eachother they will just merge.

A black hole is actually made from a dead star.

Just what I said.

At least our sun won't become a black hole.

And the black holes exploding will first happen after more than 10 million years

I don't think anythign will happen to earth in a very long long time, because our sun is young in a stars lifetime. Also scientist havn't heard of any blackholes anywhere near as as far as I heard,

Well there is one in our galaxy and it has an orbit and could get pretty close to us, but not close enough to suck us in...still far away, but not that far away from the gravitational pull.

Pretty much, we live in a big universe, yet we know jack about it

Not to put you in the spot light, but a lot of people say "a big universe"...as if there is more than one and that our's isn't the biggest, but pretty big. Think about that, our universe doesn't have an actual size...at least not to our knowledge and when people say that the universe is "big, "huge" or whatever...makes it sound like the universe has an actual size. I guess a better way of putting it is "The universe is endless and we don't know anything about it." or as Dazza puts it "yet we know jack about it". Would if the universe had a size though? What would be at the end...a wall? I'm not sure about you guys, but I like thinking about this stuff...as for some, they say it hurts their head. I just think they have nothing to say about the subject and they use that as an excuse.