Past Character Appearances

If rumors are true, and GTA4 is set in London, then that means we won't be seeing anybody from the past GTAs. Except for maybe Maccer or Kent Paul. Fresh new faces, no matter if it's in London or US.

Oh, and please tell me what the hell is wrong with having a female protagonist. Or why the hell you would want her dressed like a hooker. Virgins.

--Moved to a new topic--

Jared

If rumors are true, and GTA4 is set in London, then that means we won't be seeing anybody from the past GTAs. Except for maybe Maccer or Kent Paul. Fresh new faces, no matter if it's in London or US.

Don't want to go off topic now, but why are you saying if it's based in London that we definitely wont see old characters other than Maccer and Kent Paul? There is such a thing as planes. Don't forget about Cortez and his yacht, it's possible for him to be any where including Mercedes if she goes with him some where...She could be the main character in that predicament.

Well thats very simple actually, Rockstar have said the game will be a new series of events and known of the game characters (maybe not even locations) from the GTA3 trilogy (GTA3, VC and SA) will re-appear.

I would really like to see a link to an official site where Rockstar said that none of that game characters from the "III" Trilogy would re-appear. I didn't hear that any where.

It wasn't on there site, but it has been said (as far as I know) as well as it being on trusted sites such as WikiPedia. Plus, looking at the facts yourself it's easy to see it makes sense.

Either way, back on topic thanks. If you wish to explore the possibility further, make a new topic ;) Thanks.

It wasn't on there site, but it has been said (as far as I know) as well as it being on trusted sites such as WikiPedia. Plus, looking at the facts yourself it's easy to see it makes sense.

Either way, back on topic thanks. If you wish to explore the possibility further, make a new topic ;) Thanks.

HA, that site could be edited by any little retard that has internet access. That is one of the most unreliable sites you could get info off of. You still havn't provided me with a link to where this was said. I'm not really leaning towards, but if there is gonna be a female main character, it's most likely be Mercedes being that she could be any where on her father's yacht. Cortez was kick ass, why wouldn't Rockstar have him in another game? Where every Cortez is, Mercedes is bound to be close by.

GTA4 will most likely be a completely new chain of events, maybe only featuring slight occurances (people, places) of the past games. It could be that we use many characters and potentially one could be the protagonist but I highly hope not. I'd much rather something original to restart the sensation all over again.

Knowing Rockstar, the main character will be male. Otherwise the character would just be accused of not actually wanting revenge, but just being that time of the month.

I'd say it would be the same, no relations with past players except maybe funny radio adverts on past players or something.

Perhaps even references to major events, like the traffic accident that claimed the life of Officer Tenpenny, or even the explosion that destroyed the bridge of GTA3. It would depend on the timeline placement of GTA4 though, although all signs point to after GTA3,VC and SA. It would be weird to have GTA4 set before GTA3.

Any possibility it could be set between SA and GTA3?

Well thats very simple actually, Rockstar have said the game will be a new series of events and known of the game characters (maybe not even locations) from the GTA3 trilogy (GTA3, VC and SA) will re-appear.

I would really like to see a link to an official site where Rockstar said that none of that game characters from the "III" Trilogy would re-appear. I didn't hear that any where.

There isn't any. I don't remember that being stated. Not those words, atleast.

WikiPedia is a user-edited website. Nice try, though.

The facts? You mean, like how the GTA 2 character is supposedly Claude from GTA III? Oh, yeah, definitely can't be old characters again....

Infact, that actually makes it seem like GTA IV will be Claude and then the following games will have new characters.

I'd say it would be the same, no relations with past players except maybe funny radio adverts on past players or something.

Perhaps even references to major events, like the traffic accident that claimed the life of Officer Tenpenny, or even the explosion that destroyed the bridge of GTA3. It would depend on the timeline placement of GTA4 though, although all signs point to after GTA3,VC and SA. It would be weird to have GTA4 set before GTA3.

Any possibility it could be set between SA and GTA3?

Wasn't GTA 2 set in the future? Meaning GTA III took place BEFORE GTA 2......

There isn't any. I don't remember that being stated. Not those words, atleast.

WikiPedia is a user-edited website. Nice try, though.

The facts? You mean, like how the GTA 2 character is supposedly Claude from GTA III? Oh, yeah, definitely can't be old characters again....

Infact, that actually makes it seem like GTA IV will be Claude and then the following games will have new characters.

I wasn't trying anything...Anyway, I am only going from facts of GTA3, VC and SA. GTA3 was a trilogy, and theres even a PS2 and Xbox version released containing all games called "Grand Theft Auto Trilogy". And then thats the fact it's on a new engine, which points to it being a new reinvention such as how GTA3 started a new type of GTA series.

Either way, although Wikipedia may be user-edited they have got facts to back it up. And to me, it seems the most logical way to look at it. Either way, I stick by the moving of these posts, it was off-topic and not needed in that topic. If it was about a player being a female player form another game, well okay it may have been a different matter, but it is obvious it wasn't, so this is the outcome.

Oh, and I do remember hearing it, whether it was from Rockstar themselves or not, I can't remember. I apologies if it wasn't, but I must have heard it from a trusted source or got that idea from something I had read if I feel this strongly about it.

Yes, GTA III had a trilogy. You're failing to see one major flaw in this, though. Claude Speed was the main character in GTA 2.....

And Wikipedia doesn't have facts to back it up..... If it had actual facts, you could link to these facts and prove it to us. Until it is officially announced that it will have NOTHING to do with past GTA games, YOUR opinion is JUST AS MUCH speculation as ANYONE ELSE'S.

True yes, but thats not why I moved this. I moved this because I didn't feel it fitted in with the topic it was originally in.

I just check Wikipedia, seems it's been edited since I last saw it, anyway my post here was from the information I had heard, and the facts are there in the topic to back it up. Yes I may be speculating as well, but my speculation has facts to back it up, Original GTA Master's doesn't. Yes I respect this is all speculation and rumors too, but thats not why this topic has been moved.

This entire time I have not mentioned anything about this topic being moved. At all. I've only spoken about the topic at hand, and funnily enough, avoided said topic until it was branched off from the other topic.

The only "fact" you really have is that GTA III was a trilogy and GTA IV is another numbered game on a new engine. It's FLAWED, THOUGH, BECAUSE GTA III WAS A NEW GAME ON A NEW ENGINE WHICH HAD THE SAME MAIN CHARACTER AS 2.

Well it sure sounded like you we're on about the topic moving, because I didn't see you had much of any other reason to keep giving me a hard time.

This topic is for speculation, I was speculating, no need to go over the top with it. You have a different view to me obviously, fine, no big deal.

I'm not giving you a hard time. I'm simply debating your idea. This is only my fourth post in this topic, and in none of them do I ever mention anything about this topic being split.

And actually, you were debating OGM's opinion that it COULD involve old characters/locations. I, taking OGM's side, debating YOUR opinion. I'm simply doing what you did.

I don't see why you're arguing. Its possible that Claude Speed is the main character, as equally likely that a ghost is the main character.

Actually that'd be kinda cool. Maybe the ghost of Catalina? Seek revenge on the Yakuza, Claude, etc. Maybe her twin sister even?

This topic is for speculation, I was speculating, no need to go over the top with it. You have a different view to me obviously, fine, no big deal.

Hmmm, I was under the assumption that you made this topic because I kept going "off topic". Where as you could clearly see I didn't stay off topic.

Don't want to go off topic now, but why are you saying if it's based in London that we definitely wont see old characters other than Maccer and Kent Paul? There is such a thing as planes. Don't forget about Cortez and his yacht, it's possible for him to be any where including Mercedes if she goes with him some where...She could be the main character in that predicament.

I went right back on topic, where as for you, you decided to stay off topic by saying this.

So it was actually you that went off topic, not me.

ANYWAYS, My backup is that Rockstar has said a lot of things in the past about other GTA games that'd make you think one thing where in actuallity they mean another. Before Vice City Stories was announced they announced that there would be another GTA game for the PSP and they said it'd be a brand new game, causing most fans, excluding me, to believe that it would be a new map. I was the one that said Vice City was the next location and no one believed me. Now they said that GTAIV, can't remember exactly what they said, was gonna be a brand new game for the next generation. This could mean anything, they could be talking about the graphics, the game play...ANYTHING. From what happened before when they said Vice City Stories was gonna be brand new, they obviously didn't mean new map or characters, so GTAIV could have a lot of the old characters or even a location that we could travle to in a mission such as when we flew from Las Venturas to Liberty City in San Andreas. Don't doubt what I say just because I don't have rumored facts from what you call "reliable sources". I take what we get from Rockstar and I lay out what could happen that others seem to not think will happen.