Past Character Appearances

This topic is for speculation, I was speculating, no need to go over the top with it. You have a different view to me obviously, fine, no big deal.

Hmmm, I was under the assumption that you made this topic because I kept going "off topic". Where as you could clearly see I didn't stay off topic.

Don't want to go off topic now, but why are you saying if it's based in London that we definitely wont see old characters other than Maccer and Kent Paul? There is such a thing as planes. Don't forget about Cortez and his yacht, it's possible for him to be any where including Mercedes if she goes with him some where...She could be the main character in that predicament.

I went right back on topic, where as for you, you decided to stay off topic by saying this.

Well thats very simple actually, Rockstar have said the game will be a new series of events and known of the game characters (maybe not even locations) from the GTA3 trilogy (GTA3, VC and SA) will re-appear.

So it was actually you that went off topic, not me.

ANYWAYS, My backup is that Rockstar has said a lot of things in the past about other GTA games that'd make you think one thing where in actuallity they mean another. Before Vice City Stories was announced they announced that there would be another GTA game for the PSP and they said it'd be a brand new game, causing most fans, excluding me, to believe that it would be a new map. I was the one that said Vice City was the next location and no one believed me. Now they said that GTAIV, can't remember exactly what they said, was gonna be a brand new game for the next generation. This could mean anything, they could be talking about the graphics, the game play...ANYTHING. From what happened before when they said Vice City Stories was gonna be brand new, they obviously didn't mean new map or characters, so GTAIV could have a lot of the old characters or even a location that we could travle to in a mission such as when we flew from Las Venturas to Liberty City in San Andreas. Don't doubt what I say just because I don't have rumored facts from what you call "reliable sources". I take what we get from Rockstar and I lay out what could happen that others seem to not think will happen.

Your analysing it too much OGTAM lets just wait for some information and see what happens.

Just because he typed a lot doesn't mean he's over-analyzing. He simply said that Rockstar have been deceptive before. They did NOT directly state that GTA IV will have NOTHING to do with the III trilogy.

And by your statement are you saying we should stop making wishlists, predictions, digging for information, looking for clues, etc.?

No one is bad-mouthing anyone, and it isn't going "out of proportion". He is simply stating his backup for his opinion, and then someone said he over-analysed. THAT was when I said he was actually stating something very simple. Where are you getting this stuff from? Are you reading a different topic than I am? First you say I was complaining that you split the topic, NOW you're saying someone is bad-mouthing someone else. I seriously must be reading a different version of this topic or something.

OK. I'm just going to put this back on topic because so far jared has put it off topic twice. I think that there WILL be past character appearances and there WON'T be a new map. I think it will be San Andreas Stories because that is the way that rockstar seems to be heading.

San Andreas was in the GTA III trilogy so I don't find much sense for San Andreas Stories to have the same place in two different trilogies if it ever does come out, it'll be on the PSP closing out the GTA III trilogy.

No one is bad-mouthing anyone, and it isn't going "out of proportion". He is simply stating his backup for his opinion, and then someone said he over-analysed. THAT was when I said he was actually stating something very simple. Where are you getting this stuff from? Are you reading a different topic than I am? First you say I was complaining that you split the topic, NOW you're saying someone is bad-mouthing someone else. I seriously must be reading a different version of this topic or something.

I personally don't see how he became a moderator.

But to be on topic. I don't think we should dismiss anything this early, we still have about 9 months until GTAIV is released. So having old characters make appearances isn't out of the question one little bit. We don't have really any info on the game except for that it's gonna be on the next generation consols and that it'll be a brand new addition to the GTA series...that's about it. We don't know any info about the game it self. All we could do is determine what it'll be and throwing away the possibility of returning characters is sort of the oppisite way we want to go. We want to determine what WILL be in the game, not what wont be. I could easily say that I wont be a character in the game...does that get us any where? NO!

Okay, me and Original GTA Master have worked out our differences and have found it was all a HUGE misunderstanding. I'm sure I speak for us both when I ask for people to not talk about it any further nor reply with anything off-topic from now on forth. Simple as that.

As for the topic, I feel myself past characters will not make an appearance, I feel it will be completely new, clean slate as to speak.

As for the topic, I feel myself past characters will not make an appearance, I feel it will be completely new, clean slate as to speak.

Not to start an argument, just a debate. Why do you think that the characters will be all new? I for one think that there will be old and new because at the end the series has to be all linked or it wont make sense at all, so they should at least have a few re-appearances to allow old fans to know what is happening and so that the new fans enjoy a new generation of the series while learning about the old.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Well to me, it seems logical it would me a completely new experience, GTA3 had 3 games in it, which was a series. Now with a new engine, and the game being named GTAIV I just feel we can look forward too another new games in a series of events that link together with new characters. Thats what I think anyway.

EDIT: Spaz, you hit the nail on the head mate ;).

Well think about it, they never really wrapped up the "III" Trilogy, they could wrap it up in the first portion of GTAIV and then have the new story just fill in right after it. It's a new generation game, we could expect a lot more missions. I think it'd be perfect if they used all the old main characters in GTAIV in the beginning, not as main characters, just so they could wrap up the "III" Trilogy at least if they're gonna start fresh. They should finish what they started.