Spore

gta-connor

This game spore has been in developement by Maxis, Will Wright is leading the project. You get to make a crature that starts as a little single cell thing, and your creature evolves as you play, it turns into a land animal and then into a trible creature. It then evolves into the civilization age where you build them buildings and vheicles and such. The space age looks neat and you go and conqer other planets. The game plays almost as a third person adventure/roleplaying and then in the tribal phase on playes like an RTS. The graphics look amazing and it just looks like a lot of fun. The creatures are fully cutomizable giving you a spine and you make it form there with no limitations.

To learn more go to http://www.spore.com It has videos updates and more, the game is scheduled for realease on October 2nd this year.

Anyone else know about the game?

I've read a preview of this game months ago in one PC mag. Supposed to be a MMO, with millions of other planets you can discover. Too much for you to explore in one life. The other thing is that it has no goal, since it's just about evoultion and conquering later, but it's size makes it pointless to try to achieve anything other than spend some time, hopefully having fun.

I'm not sure how fun will the game or how big will the community be, but I find one much more important thing for the future gaming here. It's the world size, which will set the standards for all the MMOs, and later the other MP and SP games. So I find this game (and so do many other people) like a testing of a new engine, which will include stuff like DNK aswell, and huge open spaces, never seen anything like those before.

Wow I had never heard of it being an MMO game. I know though that the creatures you make will be put in the main "server" and then when you play you will see other peoples creatures, but they will be NPC controlled from what I hear. Also the cool thing is depending on your creature you will have different environments so depending on your creatures style you might live on a desert planet or in a jungle.