HELP!

Bear

ok stop WTF you are doing ok, this happened to me.

ok

1. make sure its in a open area not in a small little tvstand with the TV on top

2. if its a slim, keep it on the floor so it can cool down, because it doesnt have a fan built in

3.Alway clean your game CD's after about 6 days of STRAIGHT game play

4.like on the box, DO NOT PlAY FOR MORE THAN 6 HOURS STRAIGHT

5.DO not touch the lazer with finger, if you do, your f**ked

ok the only thing i did was put my PS2 onto the floor and then it worked again, but if its still not working PRAY TO GOD that you still have the reciete (W/E how 2 spell it lol) and get it exchanged with a new 1

If everything they said doesnt work then just try my method........KICK IT!! I'm not kiddin,it work's for me.Your PS2 has to learn who's in charge!! :thumbsup:

If that dont work try usin your hoover to suck all the shyt out it!! Presumin you've had it for a while and you wouldnt realise the amount of crap that build's up in there >.<

If her disk isn't spinning, it's just showing the PS2's main menu.

I doubt a dirty laser would prevent the disk from SPINNING. My original PS2 shit-out on me with DRE's((disk-read error)). All my disks except a select few DVDs. Then those stopped working, too. Had to get a new one, and it turned out the problem was the PS2((not the disks)).

You can probably take it in to a game shop and they can check it out for you. I know GameStops around here do that, and PC shops will do it for your PC.

If you have your reciept and the store you bought it from is pretty easy-going on returns/trade-ins you could try that. Or possibly selling it to a game store and then buying a new system((of course you'll need a little money for this)).

ok stop WTF you are doing ok, this happened to me.

ok

1. make sure its in a open area not in a small little tvstand with the TV on top

2. if its a slim, keep it on the floor so it can cool down, because it doesnt have a fan built in

3.Alway clean your game CD's after about 6 days of STRAIGHT game play

4.like on the box, DO NOT PlAY FOR MORE THAN 6 HOURS STRAIGHT

5.DO not touch the lazer with finger, if you do, your f**ked

ok the only thing i did was put my PS2 onto the floor and then it worked again, but if its still not working PRAY TO GOD that you still have the reciete (W/E how 2 spell it lol) and get it exchanged with a new 1

not so, when my one wasn't working, the laser stayed in the same place all the time and it wasn't reading the disc, so I moved it forward with my finger and it worked. @ Bear, you should get a cleaning product that cleans the laser lens. If it's not that, theres probably a mass build-up of dust in the disc tray. Try blowing in there. When my ps2 stopped working (23rd december 06) I gave up and started to sulk. Minutes later, my mum said she had fixed it by blowing in the front of the disc tray and shaking it around. It works 100% normally now.

Edited by the bossman