Direct Link?

If you truly really want a left nav, it wouldn't be too hard to use, dare I say it, frames to do everything you wanted. That is unless Chris actually wants to incorporate such a feature into the design, I doubt it would be that time consuming to work in an option in the User CP to toggle it on or off either.

*fights temptation to call him ^ an idiot*

You do realise that Gtaforums is around 20 times the size of of tgtap in terms of members and posts, in fact theres more members at gtaf than posts at tgtap. Gaining 2 and a half million posts in a year would be a massive achievement for spammers alone.

At the same time though Chris, do we really care that much? I mean, we obviously not doing it for anything more then to make navigation easier. It's no illegal to have a layout thats in places you can stick something. Same with this situation, theres only so many places we can place them navigation menu, and either way it may look similar to another sites. So my question to everyone is, do we really care what others think?

That wasn't really my point. I don't really care what others think when it comes to something as small as adding a menu, it's the immaturity of members from other forums I'm concerned about. I've seen these things happen before and it's a pain in the arse dealing with the crap dealt by them to mess up a forum. So my question to everyone is, do we really need a navigation menu?

I cope perfectly well with the main forum layout. I open a new tab for the subforums I want to read (thats ctrl+click in Firefox or IE7) and then open any topics. Easy.

The reason TGTAP Forums have been so successful is because they are simple, decent forums. No flashy gimmicks or unneccessary mods. No fancy multicoloured skin or fifty types of member group. No donations, not overrun by adverts. I know a little menu won't upset the balance of the entire forum, but its just not what we're about.

I've been here a while, I've seen these forums from every angle. Heck, I even created half the subforums and member groups - not to mention wrote the rules, guidelines and mod handbook.

I'm attached to them, and I don't think we need to change. Not much... not yet.