Best HD-TV for a PS3?

Ciaran

Ah shit I should have searched Comet first, they have much more detailed specs on the TV's, turns out those 2 Philips' sets don't have an HDMI connection, so you won't be able to play your PS3 in true HD quality... Let me do some more searching.

OK. If you can go slightly over your budget, I've found an awesome Samsung with an HDMI connection and a much higher contrast ratio than all the other TV's I linked to before (higher the contrast ratio the better the quality).

SAMSUNG LE23R71BX 23" - £434.99 - Link (Damn I'd like this one myself)

Or it is on Amazon.co.uk for a LOT cheaper, except it says 4-6 weeks for delivery... maybe if you order it today it'll arrive in time?

- But seriously though, this would be an excellent buy - it is very well priced considering how amazing it actually is. I'd definitely go for it if I were you, and you won't find it cheaper elsewhere either ;)

Ah shit I should have searched Comet first, they have much more detailed specs on the TV's, turns out those 2 Philips' sets don't have an HDMI connection, so you won't be able to play your PS3 in true HD quality... Let me do some more searching.

OK. If you can go slightly over your budget, I've found an awesome Samsung with an HDMI connection and a much higher contrast ratio than all the other TV's I linked to before (higher the contrast ratio the better the quality).

SAMSUNG LE23R71BX 23" - £434.99 - Link (Damn I'd like this one myself)

Or it is on Amazon.co.uk for a LOT cheaper, except it says 4-6 weeks for delivery... maybe if you order it today it'll arrive in time?

- But seriously though, this would be an excellent buy - it is very well priced considering how amazing it actually is. I'd definitely go for it if I were you, and you won't find it cheaper elsewhere either ;)

Well thanks for all your help, I am going to get the Samsung LE23R71BX - 23'' Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV, It looks fantastic and also the 23" is good, I never thought that with my budget I could get one that size.

But I have never bought online, and what happens if it breaks or something, does Amazon have a good return policy?

-------

Ok well I have just found out that my parents are going to get a new TV for our living room, this is the TV they will get. Now this is a much bigger one and I wont have to spend a penny. But it will go in my Living room and not my bedroom but if I can get a bigger HD TV with paying anything I won't mind.

What do you guys think of that TV?

Edited by Ciaran

Well thanks for all your help, I am going to get the Samsung LE23R71BX - 23'' Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV, It looks fantastic and also the 23" is good, I never thought that with my budget I could get one that size.

No problem. And yes it's surprising what you can afford when you shop around, and of course look on the Internet rather than just in stores.

But I have never bought online, and what happens if it breaks or something, does Amazon have a good return policy?

Yep. I've only ever had to return an item I bought online twice, one of them was actually at Amazon, and they refunded the cost of the item (unfortunately they don't refund your cost for postage but it's only small anyway, although for a TV it would be a bit more).

Ok well I have just found out that my parents are going to get a new TV for our living room, this is the TV they will get. Now this is a much bigger one and I wont have to spend a penny. But it will go in my Living room and not my bedroom but if I can get a bigger HD TV with paying anything I won't mind.

What do you guys think of that TV?

Yeah that looks pretty good actually. It has a lower contrast ratio than the one you are planning to buy but it would be a lot nicer to play on anyway due to the screen being 9 inches bigger. It's up to you really, depends how much you want a TV and console in your room, meaning you can play whenever you want, whereas if it's in the living room and someone else wants to watch TV... begin arguments :P

But yeah, let us know what you decide to do ;)

Yes the arguments part... But I am going to go to just let my Parents buy the TV for the living room and then I can put it there, Plus I don't think that I should get a HD TV just yet for my own room since I just got a good LCD TV for Christmas (I should of told them to get me a HD one :P).

If I did get one for my bedroom then I would be spending over £800 just to have a good gaming experience, I could be doing something else with my money, meh I would probably waste it any way.

Thanks a lot any way, if your ever in N.Ireland in 4 years I can buy you a pint. :cheers::lol:

Edited by Ciaran

I don't like buying on the internet much, places like ebay could rip you off

WTF? Ebay? Rip off? Ebay's an auction site mate, you get stuff cheaper at ebay, it's impossible to get ripped off.

What are you talking about? I don't think you've personally ever bought off the internet to be honest. You sound like a technophobe. You can get everything on the Internet cheaper than in-store. It's logical, they don't have the overheads of having to run a shop and employ staff, all they have to have is a warehouse to hold the goods and a website for people to order through. As I've proved in this thread with televisions, they're at least £100 cheaper on the net.

@Ciaran: Thanks but I don't fancy waiting 4 years just to get a pint, I'll be 22 then and in my final year of uni :P

I don't like buying on the internet much, places like ebay could rip you off, I tend to buy studd from shops but I do check on the internet but only occassionaly anyway Ciaran its a good TV and I hope you enjoy playing your PS3 on it.

And your saying Ebay's a rip off? Please man, Alot of my friends buy stuff and sell It on Ebay, But without the Internet, I wouldn't have got my PC, Dell Dimension E520. My parents brought me this online. So It wouldn't be a rip off as the product would be the same price In stores, and In the Internet

Edited by Tommy Montana

I don't like buying on the internet much, places like ebay could rip you off

WTF? Ebay? Rip off? Ebay's an auction site mate, you get stuff cheaper at ebay, it's impossible to get ripped off.

What are you talking about? I don't think you've personally ever bought off the internet to be honest. You sound like a technophobe. You can get everything on the Internet cheaper than in-store. It's logical, they don't have the overheads of having to run a shop and employ staff, all they have to have is a warehouse to hold the goods and a website for people to order through. As I've proved in this thread with televisions, they're at least £100 cheaper on the net.

@Ciaran: Thanks but I don't fancy waiting 4 years just to get a pint, I'll be 22 then and in my final year of uni :P

Sorry you misinterpreted my words, what I meant by rip off is that sometimes some sites give you faulty goods, My dad bought a vacuum cleaner off the internet and it kept on braking and he bough the same one in a store and it hasn't broken down in 18 months since we bought it.