GTA IV Episodic Content Slated for 2008

Chris

Last night Take Two reported their Fiscal 2006 Financial Results. If you're familiar with these press releases you'll know that Take Two like to talk about the games which they sold during the year, as well as upcoming products which are in the making. A small mention of GTA4 revealed that the game would receive episodic content some time during 2008, rather than being available from the initial release.

Starting in 2008, Rockstar will introduce exclusive episodic content downloads for Grand Theft Auto IV.

That was all that was said about the matter. There's still no confirmation on whether the PS3 version is going to get any content, or exactly what the content is. Stay tuned as we'll have more updates on this as they are released.

Usually, bigger in a game is better.

I'd love to see add-on mission's. But a little island would be cool to.

I hope it won't ONLY be player skins or vehicles. Cause in that case most of us, including me, will be having far to high hopes for it.

But it's a extra, just to keep you busy with the game after you've beaten it.

Every news feed makes the game sound even better.

No not really. They've had financial difficulties in the last year yes, for a number of factors all of which are detailed in the report. You need to have a good understanding of finance through either Business or Economics to get your head round it all. But it doesn't really have much affect on the main games they're pushing out this year, GTA4 being one of them. Take Two haven't gone bankrupt or anything, it's not as if they haven't got any money, because they have. They just had some losses last year as opposed to profit. As it states in the report they had to make a number of cost saving changes, including the closure of several studios, remember the Rockstar Vienna closure we posted about last year?

I'm sure GTA4 will change all that, and to move swiftly back on topic, I think the episodic content, albeit content which the fans legitimately want, will actually act as another reason to get the game, thus boosting sales.

Then they've already developed the game. Can't cost that much to convert it to PC I think.

A reasonalbe price for "the" content (if it are mission's that is, with maybe a add-on vehicle) would be something like 5-10$. Not to expensive, just a little small add-on for some extra gaming hours.

• 3 weeks later...
Last night Take Two reported their Fiscal 2006 Financial Results. If you're familiar with these press releases you'll know that Take Two like to talk about the games which they sold during the year, as well as upcoming products which are in the making. A small mention of GTA4 revealed that the game would receive episodic content some time during 2008, rather than being available from the initial release.
Starting in 2008, Rockstar will introduce exclusive episodic content downloads for Grand Theft Auto IV.

That was all that was said about the matter. There's still no confirmation on whether the PS3 version is going to get any content, or exactly what the content is. Stay tuned as we'll have more updates on this as they are released.

hey chris,

i new here. ijust wonderin wat the episodic content????