GTA IV Trailer Countdown!

Chris

Some exciting news for you here folks, Rockstar have updated the official site with a countdown to the first trailer! The URL has changed to end in "IV", and an improved logo is now in place with the time underneath counting down to the 29th March at 11pm GMT (you can work out from this what time it will be for you).

IVCountdown.jpg

Could "IV" be something more significant than just '4'?

Check it out at http://www.rockstargames.com/IV and discuss this exciting news in our forums.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly sticks me odd that they have changed the URL from gta4 and gtaiv to just IV. There may be a more of a reason for it, and is it just me of does the style/font they have chosen for the IV text seem to have a "English" look and feel? Maybe a pointer to the location?

Man you're too fast with that spyware stuff or whatever. I just got this in an E-mail 5 minutes ago.

Chris has his ways of making sure he has the news first. He's very smart when it comes to that ;).

I didn't get any e-mail, goes to show you how popular I am.

Sorry my first post made no sense by the way.

Man you're too fast with that spyware stuff or whatever. I just got this in an E-mail 5 minutes ago.

Chris has his ways of making sure he has the news first. He's very smart when it comes to that ;).

I didn't get any e-mail, goes to show you how popular I am.

Sorry my first post made no sense by the way.

Yeah, Chris has some sort of spy bot or something that he has over the official sites.

Why don't you just get on the Grand Theft Auto mailing list?

I received the email at exactly 23:20 from the mailing list. I was busy with something at the time so couldn't post until just before midnight, looks like most other GTA sites got it around the same time anyway. But as I always say, it's not that we're having some sort of race against each other, it's about getting news to the fans as soon as we can.

Regarding when you get the email: Remember there are tens of thousands of people subscribed to updates, they can't possibly send all at once, so they're sent a batch at a time at I would imagine 5 or 10 minute intervals, until all are sent.

I was also going to say that it looks like R* are taking the same stance as they did with LA Noire. That is to release a 30 second trailer just showing some views of a city, and possibly a few characters. Then some weeks later, a full 2+ minute trailer will be released. Then a couple of other sites noted this point and it looks like I'm copying, so there, we have it in the comments instead...

Amazing news!!!But that means that about next week we should get at least some info about location,time, OR maybe some screenshots.I`ve added GTA IV site to my favorites ,now that I can see the Trailer Countdown.All I hope it`s some info/pics this week-end `cuz I can`t wait anylonger.

Amazing news!!!But that means that about next week we should get at least some info about location,time, OR maybe some screenshots.I`ve added GTA IV site to my favorites ,now that I can see the Trailer Countdown.All I hope it`s some info/pics this week-end `cuz I can`t wait anylonger.

Yeah that's what I was saying. So keep your eyes pealed for GTAIV news.