GTA IV Trailer Countdown!

Chris

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delaying a trailer is something I've never heard of. I would imagine the trailer has already been made, and the countdown is there just to build hype. Which it is doing fantastically well, just look at this topic.

Also, it does look a lot like the way they went with L.A. Noire, so I don't think we'll be getting any screens or other info this month. You can bet your house on the fact that we, or more specifically myself, will analyse the hell out of the trailer on the 29th March when I post about it, trying to get as much info from it as possible. Which may be difficult if the trailer is just showing the city or something. We'll have to wait a couple of months for a proper trailer I think.

Like a few of us have pointed out, it's kinda strange how strongly R* are emphasising this IV part of the game. From 1999 onwards we always knew it as GTA4. Then last year when it was officially announced, it was printed as GTA IV, using the roman numeral as opposed to the number. At this time we were still accessing the official site at rockstargames.com/gta4...

Recently, R* acquired the domain gtaiv.com off it's previous owner who was trying to earn money off it.

Now, they have even changed the URL we access the official site to be rockstargames.com/IV - it seems weird that this would just be to emphasise the fact it's the 4th game. I think there might be something more to it. Anyone else care to think what it could mean? Will there be 4 cities? 4 countries? Does IV stand for something?

Might be looking too far into it, but you never know with Rockstar. I'm loving the hype though. It's great to see the community so excited and full of life again.

Dudes stop embarassing yourselves!!!Immediatly after R* changes the logo you all say where it`s set,time....If you have then use your paranormal powers to find out whne they`ll release the fist pic,or some game features.Stop saying "after seeing the new logo it`s gonna take place in 2007" "or in England" You 2003 do you have paranormal powers or something?If you don`t have then shut up.No offence.WE don`t know

Dudes stop embarassing yourselves!!!Immediatly after R* changes the logo you all say where it`s set,time....If you have then use your paranormal powers to find out whne they`ll release the fist pic,or some game features.Stop saying "after seeing the new logo it`s gonna take place in 2007" "or in England" You 2003 do you have paranormal powers or something?If you don`t have then shut up.No offence.WE don`t know

No, You shut up, The logo looks nothing like its going to take place in 80'S or 90'S or something. I can just tell by the logos in which decade its going to take place, But Chris may have something there, I mean the UK does have IV countrys right? Though it may be Las Venturas.

How can you tell by the logo where the game will be set?It`s ridiculous.The GTA III logos where the same only with a name added,eg.GTA Vice City & GTA San Andreas & the games wheren`t set in the same city/date.So how can you know by judging the new logo?

No, You shut up, The logo looks nothing like its going to take place in 80'S or 90'S or something. I can just tell by the logos in which decade its going to take place, But Chris may have something there, I mean the UK does have IV countrys right? Though it may be Las Venturas.

I'll have to agree with Gycu, and truly stop acting like some kind of fool, got it. Good.

Just to clarify I wasn't talking about the logo in my post. I agree that you can't ascertain anything from it. It's just two letters in Pricedown font with a gradient and some embossing. This has no ties with any particular time period or location. My point was to do with R*'s emphasis on the IV.

Arguing on the Internet is like.... yeah we all know the ending but seriously guys, this is exciting news, discuss it. No need to argue about it. You're the ones looking like noobs now. Calm down children. Stop arguing and going off topic, instead, post your thoughts.

2003 started he said :judging by the logo it`s gonna take place in 2007.No one knowes,& I asked him to stop this afirmations after seeing 2 lettres.Nothing personal with you 2003 just an advice.

Only the first Screenshot will be better than theese news.

Edited by Gycu

2003 started

That sounded extreemly childish... Just drop it.

I don't really think there's anything special to the 4, it's just a new serie in my eyes. A full new story.

And I truly hope there will be more then 4 city's. 4 would be a waste of the potential for the 360 and ps3.

It's just two letters in Pricedown font

Pricedown it is NOT (I use it all the time ;) ). Looks like something from the Helvetica family, personally.

It makes sense that it would be different, since the "III/3" series of games (III/VC/SA) was always intended to be trilogy. So I agree the the IV is significant somehow, if only to mean it's the start of a new series.

This is the biggest thing since sliced bread! lol I always wanted to say that.

I can't wait, plus the 27th is on a Tuesday right?

You mean the 29th, but yes it is a Tuesday.

It's just two letters in Pricedown font

Pricedown it is NOT (I use it all the time ;) ). Looks like something from the Helvetica family, personally.

It makes sense that it would be different, since the "III/3" series of games (III/VC/SA) was always intended to be trilogy. So I agree the the IV is significant somehow, if only to mean it's the start of a new series.

Yes, it is Pricedown, always has been. The 'I' and 'V' do have slight modifications, the I's in GTAIII were also modified... There's a few different versions of Pricedown I believe, the one we all have is the free one.

its_pricedown2ao.jpg

"I use it all the time" as well ;)

Well, if it's modified, then it's not really Pricedown, is it? :lol:

Anyway, my point was that Pricedown is a Sans-Serif font, and the IV obviously has Serifs on it, so there ya go.

Not a big deal. I'd be more than happy to agree to disagree. :blush:

GTA III had 3 main games (LC, Vice and SA) maybe GTA IV will have 4 main games.. Just a little sugestion.

I would agree with you 100% if London was released after GTA 2 making it part of the GTA 2 sequel...but GTA 2 didn't have a sequel...the first GTA did...and then that had its own little expansion pack sequel...I think. My topdown GTA history is a little rusty.

2003 started

That sounded extreemly childish... Just drop it.

I don't really think there's anything special to the 4, it's just a new serie in my eyes. A full new story.

And I truly hope there will be more then 4 city's. 4 would be a waste of the potential for the 360 and ps3.

I was sarcastic because Chris sad "Calm down children" So I made it sound like that since he called us children :) I agree with him & I had fun when I read what he said .

I think it`ll be more than 10 million peolple when the countdown ends.