Do you listen to rap music?

Do you listen to rap music?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Yes
    • No way

I hate rap, even more than country. Having said that, there are a few that are okay. Bizmarkie (spelling?) & Coolio

make me laugh & I've got a laidback remix of Ice-Cube's "Good Day" for SA. I prefer Joe Satriani, Ranstien,

the Leningrad Cowboys & sometimes Steve Via doing Beethoven. Some days I just want Parliament & Ohio Players.

To each their own (as long as they're not in an online match & put some crappy stuff over the mic).

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate rap, even more than country. Having said that, there are a few that are okay. Bizmarkie (spelling?) & Coolio

make me laugh & I've got a laidback remix of Ice-Cube's "Good Day" for SA. I prefer Joe Satriani, Ranstien,

the Leningrad Cowboys & sometimes Steve Via doing Beethoven. Some days I just want Parliament & Ohio Players.

To each their own (as long as they're not in an online match & put some crappy stuff over the mic).

Well, since I usually play XBL with nu-metal and rap blaring, you might hate playing with me. :P

Nah, I like the rap songs from that decade, rap then wasn't all about big headed wannabe gangsters who wear tons of bling and don't do anything for themselves.

Wait wheres the wannabe gangsters? All I see is Gangstas. People still don't get the difference...

Deji, if I were you, I'd give up before the shit hits the fan. I've been down this road before, and it did not end well.

Nah, I like the rap songs from that decade, rap then wasn't all about big headed wannabe gangsters who wear tons of bling and don't do anything for themselves.

Wait wheres the wannabe gangsters? All I see is Gangstas. People still don't get the difference...

Deji, if I were you, I'd give up before the shit hits the fan. I've been down this road before, and it did not end well.

What??? You tellin me they no smart enough?

^Fuck, agreed with every word you said. The only rappers who made a difference would be Tupac and Eminem. They rap for a reason. Tupac raps about the ghetto, Eminem raps about his family but the one thing they share in common is that they rap about problems.

On-topic, I'm sick of all this commercialized bullshit produced today. It's like the entirety of rap is now focused on getting girls to shake their asses. I want story-telling, goddammit.

Girls shakin they asses?! YEA! "I never seen an ass like that!" anyway all rap songs tell stories. You just got to listen to those gangsta lyrics carefully. Even 'Ass like that' had a humerous story to it (More obvious when you watch the vid)

There are soo many new rap songs with stories to them...

Chammillionaire - Ridin' Dirty

Kanye West - Golddigger

Eminem - Superman

50 Cent - Wait... I agree on that one...

Ludacris - Get Back

Or maybe you perfer to call em 'Messages' than 'Stories'

I like random rap most of the time too! That's why I love Eminem... He does serious and non-serious! I liked 'Crazy Rap - Afroman' lol.

@ Rainbow

Not having enough fine girls is a major problem! :D

Edited by Deji

On-topic, I'm sick of all this commercialized bullshit produced today. It's like the entirety of rap is now focused on getting girls to shake their asses. I want story-telling, goddammit.

Girls shakin they asses?! YEA! "I never seen an ass like that!" anyway all rap songs tell stories. You just got to listen to those gangsta lyrics carefully. Even 'Ass like that' had a humerous story to it (More obvious when you watch the vid)

There are soo many new rap songs with stories to them...

Chammillionaire - Ridin' Dirty

Kanye West - Golddigger

Eminem - Superman

50 Cent - Wait... I agree on that one...

Ludacris - Get Back

Or maybe you perfer to call em 'Messages' than 'Stories'

I like random rap most of the time too! That's why I love Eminem... He does serious and non-serious! I liked 'Crazy Rap - Afroman' lol.

@ Rainbow

Not having enough fine girls is a major problem! :D

erm... please try and explain to me the story behind ridin' dirty? please... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! I FAIL TO SEE IT!!! you are just trying desperately to defend a genre, you are failing we are succeding, you are defending the wrong kind of rap which cannot be defended, we defend the real rap that speaks about what needs to be spoken.

i agree with rainbow six (AZN) tupac and eminem rap about problems not how big their motherfucking badass tv is and how they tapped that fine ass bitch in the club the other night.

Riding Dirty ain't no story and sucks, only reminds me of the good days I used to have when my friends bumped this song, but that's it because that's what most people listen to...

I only like gangsta rap from the 90's. N.W.A ftw!

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't too happy when they played it but nowadays when I hear it I remember the good old days with friends I lost once changing my school.

Deji, you're just getting pretty boring now.

Most rap today is about having 20 bitches, too much bling and a perfect life with lot's of nice things. There are exceptions mind.

Rap in the 90s was about trying to get a nice life, troubles, gangs, things along that kind of line, that gets you drawn in, and it didn't have a bunch of dickheads shouting, "YO! YO!!" over and over through a song then labelling it rap.

Edited by Cat Licker

Hip Hop and rap are suffering ALOT these days. But imo, it's saviour will however be a commercial artist, Dr. Dre with Detox. I mean, the man already re invented rap atleast 3 times with NWA, "The Chronic" and "2001".

Meh that's what I think but I'm not really a bog fan of rap, I'm more like osiris, I listen to alot of stuff...

erm... please try and explain to me the story behind ridin' dirty? please... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! I FAIL TO SEE IT!!! you are just trying desperately to defend a genre, you are failing we are succeding, you are defending the wrong kind of rap which cannot be defended, we defend the real rap that speaks about what needs to be spoken.

i agree with rainbow six (AZN) tupac and eminem rap about problems not how big their motherfucking badass tv is and how they tapped that fine ass bitch in the club the other night.

Well that was the first one i thought of as the story is simple if you listen. It's about crooked cops. And spiting them! lol.

@Catlicker

Your so negative...

Just got like, seven new mixtapes today, hell yeah.

I love both old and new rap. And when I say old, I'm talkin' about shit like Newcleus and the World Class Wreckin' Cru (Dr. Dre's first group). Electro hip-hop FTW.

I also love old school West Coast like NWA, MC Ren, BG Knocc Out & Dresta, etc. I will admit that older rap tended to have much better rapping and deeper meaning, but today's rap isn't bad. I love pretty much everything from the South, primarily for the beats though.

And yeah, NWA was good, but if you wanna hear real gangsta music, listen to Three 6 Mafia's old stuff, or even some of the newer shit from Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana.

The Rap songs on San Andreas I don't mind listening to, it's the new crap that I hate.

Yeah some of the new rap can be kinda crappy, 80-90's Rap is much better. I mostly have that kind of music..

Hip hop hasn't changed. You may just like it on San Andreas coz it's background music. Same as how I like every radio station for some reason (Except Radio X, UGH! :bashhead: )

Yes it has, A LOT. Take a look at some of the rap today, fucking crap. Just today I saw a Music Video on MTV that took place in some cheap car dealer. And Last year Young Joc thought he could make "digging your nose and eaten it" cool.

Not all of todays rap music suck, there is still some decent rappers out. I can't wait for DETOX.

I listen to so much rap. I listen to a huge variety of music, though.

Yeah, me, too. I also listen to some RNB, jazz, etc.

^ No, quite the opposite.

On-topic, I'm sick of all this commercialized bull---- produced today. It's like the entirety of rap is now focused on getting girls to shake their asses. I want story-telling, ----.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I parody 50 Cent. For one thing, I would prefer the less mainstream rap that's focused more on story-telling than girls and too much parties...

^Fuck, agreed with every word you said. The only rappers who made a difference would be Tupac and Eminem. They rap for a reason. Tupac raps about the ghetto, Eminem raps about his family but the one thing they share in common is that they rap about problems.

Agreed...

Yes it has, A LOT. Take a look at some of the rap today, fucking crap. Just today I saw a Music Video on MTV that took place in some cheap car dealer. And Last year Young Joc thought he could make "digging your nose and eaten it" cool.

Not all of todays rap music suck, there is still some decent rappers out. I can't wait for DETOX.

Hmm. So Rap hasn't changed. Just more guys can get a deal these days. Never heard of Young Joc so he must suck. Maybe its a different view in america where your surrounded by the media. Here only the good stuff gets noticed...

Edited by Deji

Just got like, seven new mixtapes today, hell yeah.

I love both old and new rap. And when I say old, I'm talkin' about shit like Newcleus and the World Class Wreckin' Cru (Dr. Dre's first group). Electro hip-hop FTW.

I also love old school West Coast like NWA, MC Ren, BG Knocc Out & Dresta, etc. I will admit that older rap tended to have much better rapping and deeper meaning, but today's rap isn't bad. I love pretty much everything from the South, primarily for the beats though.

And yeah, NWA was good, but if you wanna hear real gangsta music, listen to Three 6 Mafia's old stuff, or even some of the newer shit from Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana.

You gotta be kidding me, 36 Mafia and Lil Gayne & Juelz are all piece of shits, N.W.A is real real gangsta rap, they invented it, so don't talk about what's real.

I listen to only west coast rap. N.W.A, MC Ren, Ice Cube, 2pac, B.G. Knocc Out & Dresta, Eazy, Kid Frost (some Chicano)....