Could IV Mean something more?

In the news forum Chris said," Could "IV" be something more significant than just '4'?". Which made me think that maybe IV could simply be the initials for the actual name of GTA IV. Could IV stand for "International Venue" or something like that. Share your thoughts. Hopefully the trailer will tell the true name.

I was actually under the impression that maybe the font meant something.....it looks more like the sort of font you see at an american university of baseball team to me! I don't know. Maybe IV stands for something like what you thought, perhaps 'In Vegas' or 'Idaho Vancouver' or 'In Vancouver', I don't know. Personally I think it'll be in London, that picture that someone posted on the forum of a boxshot of GTA IV with a UK flag, sort of to the side and with a couple characters drawn on it that looked pretty realistic convinced me, especially since it dissapeared from the forum a few hours later!

Oh wait, I found it again....here it is in case you all missed it......I don't really see how it could have been faked!

post-7442-1172879181_thumb.jpg

I felt it looked a lot like a font you would see on a movie or game cover for an English movie, maybe, just my opinion though.

I agree to maybe they just wanted to make the title look a little better since al the GTA games. If oyu look carfefully youll see the likes of 'Vice city' 'San Andreas' will have a different font so in this game it will be the same except 'IV' will have a different font.

I liked the fonts in old GTAs and I think I gonna like the font in new GTA.

I disgree if your talking about the 'GRAND THEFT AUTO' font that will always be the same but the title under it like 'VICE CITY' or 'SAN ANDREAS' will always be different.

The pricedown font is what makes Grand Theft Auto, changing it would be a really really BAD idea.

I liked the fonts in old GTAs and I think I gonna like the font in new GTA.

I disgree if your talking about the 'GRAND THEFT AUTO' font that will always be the same but the title under it like 'VICE CITY' or 'SAN ANDREAS' will always be different.

The pricedown font is what makes Grand Theft Auto, changing it would be a really really BAD idea.

Well they have changed it from time to time. They only had the Pricedown font during the "III" Trilogy, so a change wouldn't be all that strange.

250px-GTA_-_Box_Front.jpg250px-GTA2boxart.jpgboxart_tn.jpg

Edited by Original GTA Master

I think that if IV means something it means that there will be four cities or four characters with four different stories. Also I don't think that London will be the city in GTA IV cause London don't border the sea

and it would be very stupid to see the map limited by some kind of invisible wall or something.Maybe

St. Petersburg could do.That could be connected with appearance of Russian mafia in San Andreas.

EDIT:Still,England borders the sea so maybe it's going to be some kind of a fictional city based on London,if you know what I mean.

Edited by DareDevilX

I think that if IV means something it means that there will be four cities or four characters with four different stories. Also I don't think that London will be the city in GTA IV cause London don't border the sea

and it would be very stupid to see the map limited by some kind of invisible wall or something.Maybe

St. Petersburg could do.That could be connected with appearance of Russian mafia in San Andreas.

EDIT:Still,England borders the sea so maybe it's going to be some kind of a fictional city based on London,if you know what I mean.

It does not really matter they could just put sea surrounding it calling it the Thames seas, after all this game is sort of fictional.

It does not really matter they could just put sea surrounding it calling it the Thames seas, after all this game is sort of fictional.

Well you have a good point there.