Photoshop?

Bear

Well i was going to make a topic asking for advice about this and as this is oblivsly just an attention seeking topic in the beginning so I have edited it.

I really want to get photoshop but I dont understand the different types and the prices. can anyone help?

Edited by Bear

Is this for real?

If so: Rofl attention whore? So you were locked out of your house for half-an-hour? Hardly a traumatic experiance. If it was THAT cold, why did you sit down? Any smart person would have moved around, maybe even gone for a walk?

To be honest; IMO its very sad that you have a 'near death' experiance, then you get through it and post it on an internet forum.

Take a f***ing joke mate, yeah I was locked out and I just read my book. Its called over dramatising too bring in effect. Do you really think I was serious about this being life and death my god how stupid. I was bored so I made it into a blog on myspace an dthen on here. It is called a joke maybe someone needs to remember this

I probably am in the wrong here so sorry for ruining your "hilarious joke."

Edit:

-------------------------------------------------------This is the line where bear changed what the topic is about for you people who might think I was having a go bear ;)

Edited by Ghost

Elements is, as stated a stripped down version of PS. It's a bit more user friendly, but it is also, as a result, limited in it's ability to work with images. CS is the version I run and it will do about a billion things I don't use. I found, however, that the missing goodies in Elements wasn't a good tradeoff, so I went back to using CS.

Prices are going to vary, and as expected, Elements is likely the cheapest version you'll find. If you look hard enough, you'll likely discover, as some of us have, that getting it to your PC can be very.....cost effective?

Not sure what version is best, I just stick to buying whatever version the trial is. Professional I think it's called, or something to that ring.

I recommend if you getting one however, you upgrade to CS3, very nice interface, clean, and more of productivity boost.

Photoshop is expensive, yes, but it is worth the money, I've never looked back. Theres other cheaper alternatives, but there not just cheaper in price, but in efficiency and features too.

Well actually the whole programme is complicated to use and it takes a while to actually master everything.

I suggest you use a Trial version of photoshop, before you actually buy it, You might not like it so give a trial version a go.

Try photoshop.com, they give free trials out, and some tutorials.

Depends, it's only in testings, so if you used this at school (or some place similar) then it was probably CS2, not CS3. But there is a chance you used the new one. Either way, theres not any major differences, just a new interface, easier to use mostly:

02-interface-01.jpg

Also, just for something random I found when trying to find that image which I thought was quiet funny...

warroom.jpg