help with installing extra carparts.

940Turbo

i downloaded a nice Range-Rover 1990 with a roof-rack that can be installed at TransFender.

The Read med file is not in english though, so can someone please help me with this part.

It's about changing the parts name i TransFender I think.

I have a GXT editor and have opened the american.gxt but I dont understand where to put in the new name.

This is what the readme file says :

"Äàëåå íàì ïîíàäîáèòñÿ ïðîãðàììà San Andreas GXT Editor. Îíà íåîáõîäèìà äëÿ ïðèñâîåíèÿ íàçâàíèÿ íàøåìó áàãàæíèêó.

Ñêà÷èâàåì å¸ ñ ëþáîãî ñàéòà ïî GTA-òåìàòèêå, çàïóñêàåì. Òåïåðü èä¸ì â ïàïêó text êàòàëîãà ñ èãðîé,

è îòêðûâàåì ôàéë american.gxt.

Ïåðåä íàìè 3 îêíà, äâà ñëåâà è îäíî áîëüøîå ñïðàâà. Â âåðõíåì ëåâîì îêíå âûäåëÿåì êàòåãîðèþ MAIN.

Äàëåå â ìåíþ ïðîãðàììû "Çàïèñü"

âûáèðàåì "Äîáàâèòü" è â ïîÿâèâøåìñÿ îêíå ïèøåì:

ROOF_RR

ÎÁßÇÀÒÅËÜÍÎ ÁÎËÜØÈÌÈ ÁÓÊÂÀÌÈ!!! ÎÊ, çàïèñü äîáàâèëè. Òåïåðü îòûñêèâàåì ýòó çàïèñü â íèæíåì ëåâîì îêíå (îíà áóäåò ïîñëåäíåé).

Âûäåëÿåì ýòó çàïèñü îäèíî÷íûì êëèêîì ìûøüþ è â áîëüøîå îêíî âñòàâëÿåì ñëåäóþùèé òåêñò:

Camel Trophy Roof

Ïîòîì ìûøîé âûäåëÿåì ëþáóþ íàäïèñü â ëåâîì íèæíåì îêíå, äîëæíî íàïðîòèâ çàïèñè ROOF_RR îòðàçèòüñÿ Camel Trophy Roof

Åñëè âû ïîëüçóåòåñü ïèðàòñêèì èëè ëèöåíçèîííûì ïåðåâîäîì, òî íà ýòîì âñ¸. Ñîõðàíÿåì èçìåíåíèÿ, è ìîæíî èãðàòü! "

This is what the readme file says:"Daleye by us will be necessary program San Andreas GXT Editor. It is necessary for awarding the name to our bagazhniku.Skachivayem it from any site on GTA- thematics, we start. Now we go into folder text of catalog with the game, and is discovered file american.gxt.Pered by us 3 windows, two to the left even one large to the right. In the upper left window we separate category MAIN. Further in the menu of program "Zapis'"vybirayem "to add" and in the appeared window pishem:.ROOF_.RROBYaZATEL'nO BY CAPITAL LETTERS!!! OK, record added. Now find this record in the lower left window (it will be posledney).Vydelyaem this record single cry by mouse and in the large window we put following tekst:.Chamel Trophy RoofPotom of myshoy we separate any inscription in the left lower window, must opposite record ROOF_.RR be reflected Camel Trophy RoofEsli you use pirate or license transfer, then on this everything. We preserve changes, and it is possible to play! "

Just use a translater man. it was russian. ****may not be accurate****

Thanks, but I don't think I got any wiser now.

I've downloaded a gxt-editor from GTATools.com, and there's only 2 windows and there's no menu choice "Add".

In this editor i can only cut/paste/copy that's all.

Do I need another editor? Which do you recommend in that case?

// Jonas - 940turbo

• 2 months later...

You have to find the existing car name (for the car you replaced) in American.GXT. For GXT Editor, there's a slightly tricky method of changing car names. In the top list, you pick the top item (i think) then find the car's name in the second list. From there you can edit the name, click Apply and Save it. Check the readme of the GXT Editor for specific instructions.