GTAPlayer

Which one is your favourite Driver game and why  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite

• Driver
    • Driver 2
    • Driv3r
    • Driver Parallel Lines

Ok, my favourite is Driver 2, it was released just before when the PS2 were going to be launched. The reason why I like it so much is because of the variation it has. Driver was an amazing game when it came out for the PSX, and there were four cities in it, Miami, San Fransisco, Los Angeles and New York, that means it just took place in the US. But in Driver 2, you had Chicago, Havanna, Las Vegas and Rio, which means it also took place outside of the US, that was much appreciated. And Havanna was a great place for a game like Driver, the slum areas, wonderful asphalt, old neighbourhoods, 50s cadillacs and all that made it a great city for a game like Driver. And the film sequences had got itself a big facelift when it comes to the graphics. And Driver 2 was the first game when you were able to go outside of the car, but it wasn't really a great experience on foot, thanks to the great driving feeling it was easy to overlook the bad walking control, and most of the time during the game you were driving. And it had multiplayer of course, but it wasn't really that good, it was no traffic due to technical problems.

Alright man... Driv3r, that's a pretty good game. I mean, when I was about to play Driv3r for the very first time I had saw all the poor reviews all over the web and in different gaming magazines, so I was prepared for a big failure. But when I first started to play the game I was kinda shocked, the graphics were great, even better than in SA (in some ways), they had really got that Miami feel when you were cruising around in Miami, the other cities were great too. I mean, just look at the shadows and all, the graphics in Driv3r is pretty amazing. But it's really crappy when you get out of the car, really sucks, takes some time to get use to it. And the missions are pretty screwed up, yeah, the missions in Driver and Driver 2 were much more fun. But the soundtrack was pretty good I guess, some of the mission-music in Driv3r is really great.

Well I've never played Parallel Lines, but I'm going to get this game as soon as I can. Althought I've seen a little bit of it, and it looks pretty damn good you know. Driver 2 is amazing, my favourite, glad to see other ppl enjoy it too you know :) And yeah, I got a little bit dissapointed too on Driv3r, but the graphics is really great you know, and just cruising around is a nice feeling, but when you start doing the missions or getting out of the car, that's when it gets real bad. So if you just stick to the "Take a Ride" in Driv3r then it's pretty nice. And something I really appreciated in Driv3r is that you could decide which weather you wanted before taking a ride, in the past Driver games you could only have day or night if I remember correctly.

Oh and... I voted for Driver, it was meant to be Driver 2 but I was too damn trigger-happy... Well I can only laugh at it. :lol:

Yeah man, I know about that one but Rockstar payed back in SA in another mission when you were gonna sneak inside Mad Doggs mansion, remember?

But I think it was Rockstar who started all this with the "Two Face Tanner" mission in GTA III, he was an undercover cop (Tanner) and you were going to kill him.

actually, i already know it. in fact, when i heard that the GTAIII started it, istarted to play driv3r again, and i bought the 4th game parallel lines, but i gotta tell you, it was already beaten by GTA: SA when they come out. so i'm a little dissapointed about the 4th game, you know, they could've made it pretty big if they make the game faster than SA. :(

Ahh I see man... Well, it's going to be interesting to play Parallel Lines someday, I'm certainly looking forward to it. And there's also coming a Driver '76 this march, I think march 30 if you ask me, and I'm really looking forward to see the reviews, don't have a PSP but I'll get it when the new version is released. And also, Driver 5 should be under development, and I really hope it'll be better than Driv3r, I heard Ubisoft got the license now over Driver 5, so that'll be pretty interesting, maybe they can save the Driver series from going down you know?

I prefer the original Driver, even though it looks graphically dated now, its the best in the series. Driver 2 allowed you to get out the car, but it gave you nothing to do. You couldn't shoot anyone or run anyone over, which is unrealistic. Driver 3 was an absolute horror show, packed full of glitches. I think that holds the record for most games brought back within a week of its release, which tells you something, and Driver Parallel Lines wasn't bad, the driving sections were good and harked back to the days of the original driver, but again the on-foot sections were quite poor.

Yeah man, Driver was an amazing game and I still find it very enjoyable. Now I hope Driver 5 is going to be something good you know. Ubisoft now has license over Driver 5 and I hope they make something good out of it, they are the ones who can save the Driver series from going down you know. The Driver series has so much potential you know. And I don't know when Driver 5 is going to come out, but strangely amazon has already the release info of Driver 5, March 7, 2008. Now that's almost five months after GTA IVs launch date, that means Ubisoft has some time you know. Anyway man, I'm not sure if amazon are right, I've got no idea. I'm really looking forward to see Driver coming to the next-gens platforms you know.

Check here to see for yourself.

Jonker93, I just got Driver Parallel Lines today, and I gotta agree with you, the graphics in Driv3r is a little bit better, but some of the effects in Parallel Lines are great you know, like when you hit a car in fast speed, or when driving in slow motion, damn nice feature. Now I've only played it for an hour or something so I'm still in the beginning of the game. And the soundtrack in Driver Parallel Lines is great, and it's nice to see that you can change the radio station. The missions seems alot better than in Driv3r too so that's a relief. Oh yeah and the customization is a wonderful feature, and the film sequences is really great too. I've only played it for a while and already it seems alot better than Driv3r, except for the graphics.

Edited by GTAPlayer

OK I Like em all but i found a few glitches here they are...

Driver

Miami. When you start turn round and go straight forwards until you have to turn. turn the corner and wait... After a while cars will be going i the opposite directions on the same side of the road... This causes major traffic probs

Driver 2

Cars fall through the ground in chicago intersections

Driv3r

I would list but we'd be here and miss the release of GTA:IV

Driver:Parallel Lines

Sometimes cars fall through the ground

X GTA X, I had no idea about the glitch in Driver, thanks for telling me anyway, I'll try it out as soon as I can :) Yeah and Driv3r has pretty much glitches man, too bad Driv3r wasn't that good, the graphics were nice and all but in any case it was a disappointment for us Driver fans.

Hehe alright man :) Nice to know, well yeah man Driv3r is pretty damn good but it lacks a little (or pretty damn much) when it comes to the on-foot bit. But the driving bit is great, and the gameplay music is really great. Alright but I'm glad you posted your opinion man.