Vice City Stories Released On PlayStation 2

Chris

Vice City Stories has now been released to North American gamers, European gamers will have to wait an extra few days until the release this Friday March 9th. The PS2 version is a near identical copy to it's older PSP counterpart, minus the multiplayer features. It is retailing for just $19.99, a bargain for any GTA fan.

Check out the Vice City Stories section of our website for anything you need for the game, including cheats (same as the PSP version), a 100% check list, and a complete walkthrough. We'll be adding more content to the site over the next few days.

Great. For anyone who has already got it and is playing through it, you could post about it in our VCS forum, especially if you've played the PSP version so we can hear your thoughts on how they compare. I'm particularly interested in whether any of the bugs which were reported in this topic have been fixed. Specifically for me, these that I discovered: see my post on page 2 of that topic, or click here.

Yeah the PS2s these days doesn't cost that much you know, and there's plenty of reasons to buy a PS2 today, it has some amazing games you know. And Jace, man he's getting VCS for his b-day, now VCS isn't something small you know, I'd say it's something big, know what I'm saying :) I'd love to have it for my b-day you know. But I know what you're saying man, of course he should also get a big sandwich layer cake :)

I just found out that in the PS2 version that the manual aiming on a gun isn't in this version of Vice City Stories.

Wasn't there no manual aim in the Liberty City Stories PS2 version, also?

Yeah but in the PSP version of Vice City Stories there was manual aim.

I just found out that in the PS2 version that the manual aiming on a gun isn't in this version of Vice City Stories.

Yeah but in the PSP version of Vice City Stories there was manual aim.

Yeah, I know. I have the PSP version. So how would you aim at cars and stuff that requires manual aim?

Edited by Rashon125

Well its stupid because now you have to have a sniper rifle to pop the 99 Red Ballons. I have no idea why it ain't in this Version.

Well, now this is a very bad mistake by Rockstar. I can't see how anyone can live with being unable to manual aim vehicles and other non-auto targetable objects like the balloons. I'm asking all these questions because I have no PS2, yeah but it wouldn't make sense since I already have the PSP version.

Well its stupid because now you have to have a sniper rifle to pop the 99 Red Ballons. I have no idea why it ain't in this Version.

Well, now this is a very bad mistake by Rockstar. I can't see how anyone can live with being unable to manual aim vehicles and other non-auto targetable objects like the balloons. I'm asking all these questions because I have no PS2, yeah but it wouldn't make sense since I already have the PSP version.

Business wise this is a hge mistake they should have put it onto the PS2, PS3 and 360 version

No, it was in the ps2 version also. In order to do it, you just aim at any person, then click 'L3' and you'll go into manual aim mode, makes it easier for shooting fuel tanks.

@ Woozie, the official price is £19.99, don't understand why it isn't the same price as when gta lcs came out on ps2 (which was £14.99)

Edited by the bossman

No, it was in the ps2 version also. In order to do it, you just aim at any person, then click 'L3' and you'll go into manual aim mode, makes it easier for shooting fuel tanks.

Okay, I see. Can anybody else confirm manual aim isn't in Vice City Stories?

@ps3 player: Yet again, the PS3 is backwards compatible. It can play PS2 games on the PS3, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Rashon125