Brilliant New Feature for the PS3!

Ciaran

Home Trailer

When the screenshots for the fabled and much-talked-about Playstation Home were finally released to the public, there was an audible chorus of palpitating hearts which filled the QJ offices. But now that there's actually a VIDEO showing how the virtual Playstation community will look like once it's completed, some members of the QJ staff hyperventilated, while others couldn't take the excitement and simply fainted. Yes, everyone, among the treats that Phil Harrison brought with him to the ongoing Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2007 in San Francisco were these video clips which feature two of Sony's latest pet projects.

The first is Home, which uncannily resembles the MMORPG Second Life, where users can communicate, share videos, music or images, and even show off their game achievements. Home is expected to be ready as a free downloadable service by this Fall.

Later on, users will be able to explore and modify their surroundings, thus creating a virtual world which is almost "organic" (in the sense that it is constantly growing since many members will be contributing to the forming of the environment at any given time). Users will also have their own "patch" of land which they can form as they please, and others can then visit them to view their work, while they can visit others in turn. This service is scheduled for a full release as a downloadable content by 2008.

But enough of the talk, and on with the eye candy!

Brilliant just brilliant, this will be a good new feature for the PS3.

Welcome to the future! Oh man, this is some great news you know, really great, man I'm definitely going to get a PS3 someday. You can share your videos, photos and music stored on your harddrive, man that's really cool. Yeah it kinda reminded me of The Sims but way better you know. I was going to get a PS3 even if this wasn't going to be announced, but anyway this is like a big fat bonus for us who gets a PS3. But I know how it can be with new things and all, but I'm really hoping for this you know.

Edited by GTAPlayer

Whoa man, the graphics is truly amazing, just look at the water on the fifth and seventh pic. Really looking forward to this, and I hope it's gonna work you know, althought it's not that original if you know what I'm saying, alot of MMORPGs has something similiar like this you know.

...Holy shit...this is really exciting for me. I'm a huge fan of the Sims video games and this is basically that, as most of you said, with much more. The interactive online play is what is getting me pumped. I can't wait to rub this in my friend's face, a shit box owner. He's gonna have some smart ass remark, most likely how it resembles the Sims in pratically every way.

There is actually a Video on Youtube comparing the PS3's Home and the Xbox Live. I will find it for you.

It actually makes a good point.

LOL, I saw that the other day, it's hilarious. I bet it pissed off a lot of 360 owners, I know it sorta got my one friend going.

Anyways, what about Playstation Home are you guys looking forward to the most?

I'm really looking forward to everything, I've never played online on a console before you know, I've always played PC games online, know what I'm saying. It looks really cool that you can create your own character and all, but alot of MMORPGs have stuff like this. But I'll see, I know how it can be, it looks great and all but then later it shows out it's nothing but a disaster... But I'm really hoping for this, and I think it will be something great man.

this is going to be the new poison for us gamers, personally i never played the sims that much, but this!!! it is going to be the coolest motherf***ing gaming system in the world :yup: ! is this a real information??

Yup ArtSweet, you got that right! :) Yeah I'm really looking forward to this you know, and well, PS3 just seems to get better and better :)

There is actually a Video on Youtube comparing the PS3's Home and the Xbox Live. I will find it for you.

It actually makes a good point.

LOL, I saw that the other day, it's hilarious. I bet it pissed off a lot of 360 owners, I know it sorta got my one friend going.

Anyways, what about Playstation Home are you guys looking forward to the most?

I am looking forward to making my own house, meeting people from TGTAP and well everything. It all sounds so good. Plus wining awards for games is good ^_^

Does anyone know where you can sign up for the beta testers, I heard you can do that.

Edited by Ciaran

FYI, you have to be 18 years or older and have control over the main account on your PS3. Just letting you know. I wanted to take part in the beta, but I'm not 18 and I think you need some sort of proof. Even if they don't ask for proof and just have a thing asking for when you were born...if they found out you lied they might take away your PlayStation Home privileges. I don't think it's worth the risk.