1Up have now released Part 3 of their mini survivial guide, this one focuses on flying, dating, beefing up CJ, wearinf nice colour combinations and much more. I'm sure there will be more parts to this guide soon.
1Up.com have begun a mini survival guide feature with tips to help you out and make the game more fun.
Check it out here, we'll update you when part two is released.
UPDATE: Part two has been released now, it gives you tips on finances, racing, base jumping and more. You can check out the second part here
Gamespot have posted a lot of media and screenshots for you all to view, they probably contain spoilers for those of you who dont have the game yet.
I received mine through the post today, 1 day before release date
anyway here are the links:
I've just uploaded 507 downloads. It took me 5 hours to upload them, but now you can download them again. SwitchDesign's downloads will be back online later. Please email somebody from the staff if you find a broken link.
UPDATE by Chris: you may have noticed on the pafiledb page that you can't download anymore, now I am having to write my own download script which will take a while, so please be patient while I code it, i'm sure you're all too busy playing San Andreas now anyway.
Stores across America now have San Andreas in stock. Make sure you've got it and get playing.
It's hard to believe that it was over 7 months ago (yes, that's right, 7 months!) that San Andreas was officially announced as the next game in the Grand Theft Auto series, and it was over a year ago that we first started realising how the next game would be titled. We've had our up's and down's along the way (web hosts were a problem) but you, the visitors, the regular forum members, we thank you for your loyal support for us throughout our (almost) 2 year existence.
As a lot of fans are now furiously playing San Andreas there has been a nice drop in traffic and i'm guessing a lot of you will not be back on this site until you get stuck somewhere in the game and need some help from somewhere.
A few staff members and myself will be writing our very own comprehensive guide to the game. We'll start it as soon as all of us have the game, that is on Friday. We will also be posting online guides with screenshots and possibly video guides if they are requested.
So we wish everyone good luck with their game and hope to see you in the near future, remember the forums are always a good place to discuss the game and ask for help. I believe Cal will be holding a 'question and answer' topic later today as he picked up his copy last night.
Also spare a thought for everyone else with their 3 agonizing, stress-filled, hair-pulling, American-cursing days.
Both Gamespot and IGN have placed their reviews of the game. Gamespot giving it a fantastic 9.6 whilst IGN gave it an outstanding 9.9.
From Gamespot's 4 page review:
With its strong story, well-written dialogue, terrific voice cast, impressive graphics, great in-game sound, and extremely entertaining and varied gameplay, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a stupendous thrill ride that shouldn't be missed.
From IGN's 6 page review:
that's why San Andreas is so awesome: it's a world that can offer different people different things. If a solid storyline and some incredibly tough missions are all that you're looking for, then you can have them. If you'd rather spend your time doing nothing but exploring the city and finding new ways to make money, destroy property, and dress like a pimp, then you can do that too. Live the life you want to live, do the things you want to do; it's entirely up to you. But however you choose to do it, do it now. Drop everything and do it right now. This is the best PlayStation 2 game ever made. Period.
IGN have also posted a guide for the game which IGN Insider's can read here
Also there are loads more screenshots on both websites showing off the HUD and other things, make sure to check them out too.
Many American's will be picking up their copy of San Andreas in a few hours time. The GTA Place will be staying spoiler free over the next few weeks in consideration for the people in other countries, no spoilers will be posted as news on this site.
On the forums if you feel you really need to express something then you must give a clear disclaimer before your post. So for example you may write the word 'SPOILER' in capitals then leave a whole paragraph of blank lines to give viewers the chance to look away before unwillingly reading something to spoil their game. It may also be useful to write the word spoiler in the title of your thread.
Those members like myself who live in the UK and also in the rest of Europe and Australia may want to stay off the forums throughout the entirety of this week to make sure you stay spoiler free.
Thank you for your consideration and co-operation.
Take Two have confirmed in a press release today that Grand Theft Auto San Andreas has shipped to North American retailers for the official release of the game tomorrow.
Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has shipped to retail stores in North America. Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be in stores in Europe on October 29th, 2004.
Some retailers have told gamers they will be able to pick up a copy late Monday evening if they've pre-ordered. Those of us living in Europe are still going to have to wait until Friday to get our hands on a copy.
Those of you in America who still haven't ordered may want to think about buying from Amazon.com. Click here to buy San Andreas for .99
After almost 1 week of downtime we are finally back, we have now kindly been sponsored by GlookiHost and we have got most of our stuff back online, the things that aren't working right now are the downloads, well they work but the actual files aren't uploaded yet so no point trying to get them. There are also a lot of images not yet uploaded, hopefully everything will be fully restored later.
Take Two have made a press release which if you're interested you can read here. There will be over 150 tracks on San Andreas. A Double CD as well as an 8 CD box set will be released. It has details of the artists featuring in San Andreas but also gives us all a reason to go out and buy the double CD.
Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and Interscope Records, a part of Universal Music Group, proudly announce the release of a double CD soundtrack as well as an 8 CD box set soundtrack to the highly-anticipated videogame Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next installment in the best-selling Grand Theft Auto franchise. The double CD and box set are scheduled for release on November 23rd, 2004 in the US and November 22nd, 2004 throughout Europe.
As a bonus the official soundtrack double CD will feature a separate stand-alone DVD containing 'The Introduction', the cinematic prologue to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. 'The Introduction' tells the full story of the events leading up to CJs return to San Andreas. Why was he forced to come back? What is he leaving behind and what is he really walking into? This exclusive prequel is not available anywhere else and has been crafted with the highest production standards Rockstar is famous for. Look for some familiar faces making a surprise return.
The complete track listing for the double CD is as follows:
1. The Theme From San Andreas
2. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
3. 2 Pac - I Don't Give A Fuck
4. James Brown - The Payback
5. Ronnie Hudson - West Coast Poplock
6. Guy - Groove Me
7. Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise
8. Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man
9. The Maytals - Pressure Drop
10. Slick Rick - Children's Story
11. Rick James - Cold Blooded
12. Raze - Break 4 Love
1. Ohio Players - Funky Worm
2. Heart - Barracuda
3. Compton's Most Wanted - Hood Took Me Under
4. Lyn Collins - Think About It
5. Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause
6. Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
7. Bell Biv Devoe - Poison
8. Max Romeo & The Upsetters - Chase The Devil
9. Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul
10. Willie Nelson - Crazy
11. AFI - Head Like A Hole
Gamespot have posted their weekend update with new information on the gangs in San Andreas, it tells us more about the research R* did on real gangs, the gangs wou will encounter and it also explains the importance of tatoos.
There are also 7 screenshots that they added yesterday, here are the links if you are interested.
Inside Gamer Online are holding a contest where you can win a copy of San Andreas. You must be over 17 years old though and you must live in the USA or Canada to participate. Duplicate entries will be terminated.
Head over to the Contest page for a chance to win San Andreas.
If you don't live in North America then remember you can still buy the game from Amazon via our site. The links are on the left menu.
Head over to the Official Site now and check out the flash radio player, they have 10 stations (listed below) with a short preview clip of each one. They are:
* Radio Los Santos
* K-Jah Radio West
* Bounce FM
* Master Sounds
Rockstar also tell us that Gamespot should be posting an article later on.
With the recent announcement that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has "gone gold," I thought I would shed some light on what the term even means. This is the process to the best of my knowledge, and if I get something wrong, just comment and I'll fix it.
First, the game is fully developed, and (hopefully) bug-tested. When this game is dumped onto the developer's computer, they use the most reliable form of storage to store these priceless files. This storage is the Digital Tape, which was once mega-popular, and now can hold 200 gigs of data and more, which makes it ideal for the developer. These tapes are transported, under very heavy security, to a representative for the publisher. The publisher then gives these to what I'll call "game dumpers," who transfer the digital tapes onto another master computer in the publication center.
Next, the computer makes a DVD-ROM image of the game, and makes several backup copies, probably to more digital tapes, several hard-drives, and partitioned to CD-ROMS.
Finally, this image is used to burn millions of copies of the game, and in the same building, the manuals and cases are also being printed up. After a period of 2-4 weeks, enough copies are printed of everything to release the game initially, and then copies are continuously printed to keep up with demand for the game.
Hope that enlightened some people, and I know I did not get some of the details exactly right, so if anyone knows them better, just comment and I'll change it.
Rockstar denied the fact there would be a multiplayer mode, however new details have emerged on a two-player co-operative mode. Small gaming site SPOnG got a chance to see a preview of the game in action and it was inevitable they were going to ask about a multiplayer mode. The response they got was pleasently suprising
There will, however, be a dedicated co-operative mode for two players. During the game, a scene ensues when the player rescues a girl from a burning building. After this act of gallantry, she becomes your in-game girlfriend and also, a playable second character. Most of the co-op action takes place inside vehicles, with player one driving and player 2 shooting. When the co-op mode is opened, icons will display the missions available to two player on the game's map.
What's more, a plethora of two-player minigames will be included in San Andreas. Unfortunately SPOnG has no specific details regarding these right now, though we can confirm that various parlour games will be included.
So this is going to mean a whole new adventure for gamers when playing San Andreas. Rockstar sure have taken this game to a whole new level, in fact, more than that, it's on a level of it's own. No game will ever surpass the immense playability of GTA:SA.
Thanks to GTASanAndreas.net for the info.
After analysing the poll I recently made a whopping 85% of you said you would like to see a picture of the week system. So I made one. Click here if you would like to submit your cool screenshot. Read the rules before submitting. Depending on the amount of submissions we receive it may be made into Picture of the Day but for now it will be for the entire week. Also it has been tested and seems to work fine but any problems just reply to this.
This is unofficial as of now, but here we go anyways:
Inside Gamer Online is reporting that the game is done, and has been sent off to the DVD production factory, where heavily armed guys are standing in front and inside a building making millions of copies of the game. With only 12 days left until the game hits US shelves, this is actually a bit late of an announcement, since Halo 2(coming out in November), was announced gold a few days ago.
Anyway, stay tuned for the official announcement from R* themselves.
Thanks to Planet GTA for the heads-up.
I would like to announce that the awesome Switch Designs has chosen to join The GTA Place.
After leaving GTAGaming, Switch received offers from loads of websites who wanted him but after careful consideration he decided he liked our site the most. He has made over 100 mods, all of which he will be adding to the downloads database as soon as he's ready to start. I hope you will all give Switch a warm welcome here.
Rockstar have sent us the 20 screenshots from the weekend previews on IGN and Gamespot (3 of the screens arent new but are unwatermarked)
View them all on the Screenshots page.
Thanks for the screens.
Some very interesting news has arose from GTASanAndreas.net, according to Games magazine there may well be a secret two player mode, here is a quote from the mag:
In Las Venturas, all of the expected elements are in place, just not necessarily authentically. As you enter the city's strip, you're greeted with an abundance of flashing lights and casinos with pink flamingos. Of the three cities in the game, Las Venturas is without a doubt the most graphically impressive and by far the most immediately stunning.
There's so much more to be revealed - There's even talk of a top-secret two-player mode.
- GamesTM Issue 24
So there you go, just imagine it, it seems a plausible idea after hearing of driving schools and boating schools. Rockstar did confirm it wouldn't be multiplayer, yes. But a top secret two player mode is certainly not out of the equation.
Gamespot have put up their preview of San Fierro, so go an check it out. It mentions things about the new types of transportation and weapon skills plus more.
Link: Tales From San Fierro
We have just received an email from R* saying this:
keep an eye on GameSpot and IGN this weekend. They will both be running stories which I think you will want to see.
so do keep an eye on them, we will have the screens from their previews as soon as possible, probably Sunday/Monday, unwatermarked
Game Informer's latest magazine has some new info on the gangs part of the game.
* The areas controlled by gangs are shown by their respective colour on the map. * Upon entering the area of another gang it will take a few gunshots to actually start a gang war
* Gang members will then appear in waves, and if you defeat all of the gang members, the area will change to the colour of the OGF on the map, green.
* You will defend your turf in the same way, members of the opposing gang will appear in waves and you will need to fight them all off.
* Attacks like these will probably happen at random times
Now the details most of you have been waiting for on how to actually recruit new members. It's really simple..
* First approach a pedestrian clad in OGF colours and press R1, this initiates the process.
* Using up or down on the D-pad you can choose whether to recruit them, if you recieve a gang symbol he is now yours to lead.
* To controll the new recruits is simple, just target them with R1, and you can choose to have them defend you, attack opponents or follow you with the D-Pad
Thanks to geep88 and GTAGaming
Recent issues of Play UK and Official Playstation 2 magazine Australia have some new info. There is quite a lot so here is a massive list of it all (Thanks to GTASanAndreas.net)
* R* reckon that it takes 100 hours to complete the main story missions.
* Cop helicopter fly around the cities, searching for criminals even when you havent got any stars.
* Kung fu, boxing street fighting can all be learnt, once you have learnt them you can use them and mix and match between them.
* Possibility of hot dog R3 missions!
* The Gant bridge is SO big that the weather can be different on both ends.
* you have 360 degree camera control. The faster you go the less rotation is allowed - eg. go fast and you can only look left and right.
* Los Santos property costs a lot of money.
* You can drive a combine harvester into the city.
* No 2 buildings are the same (with the exception of a selection of houses in estates which would look the same in real life).
* CJ can vault over ledges one handed.
In the Australian magazine the editors confirm the game's release date as November 12, 2004, so I have updated the 'days-to-go-countdown' to reflect this. Here are the details from the mag..
* The bulldozer will be steered by the rear wheels rather than the front.
* The riding lawnmower is the slowest vehicle in the game.
* Along with the already-confirmed katana, the golf club makes a return, too.
* The BMX and mountain bike are different in that the mountain bike has gears that are chosen automatically. Manual gear shifting is not yet confirmed.
* Just as you could stop criminals from running from the cops in Vice City and get , you can do the same except with putting out fires in San Andreas. The money reward amount is not confirmed.
* One animation improvement is that Carl will not only change his stance with each new weapon, but he will also change stances with the same weapon as his skills increase with that particular weapon.
* One of the ways that aircraft are more improved in San Andreas is that the crop duster can preform maneuvers such as barrel rolls, hammerheads and loops.
* Carl automatically targets enemies heads when he is at the correct range.
* The first place you find the desert eagle and the shovel is in the desert.
* Characters will respond to noise (gunshots, explosions) more realistically.
* Carl can lock onto anyone in the game (even if he isn't holding a weapon).
* Some of the time, you will be able to block (depends on the weapon that Carl is holding).
* Fires will play a bigger role than you might think. Through explosions from cars, grenades or even molotov cocktails, you could set fire to a huge portion of the map. This includes buildings, countryside and more. This can be used to your advantage, of course.
* You will be able to fire at enemies when backing up on your motorcycle or bike.
* A plough is in the game and Carl can use it to smash through buildings, flip cars and cause chaos all over San Andreas.
* There are several environmental objects that you will be able to destroy: milk crates, chain-linked and barb-wire fences, several types of plants, couches, chairs, other furniture and etc.
Thanks to GTASanAndreas.net, dave100 and xeroer for all this.
We had a few problems with the forums subdomain so I wasn't able to post any news but it's all fixed now so i'll post what didn't get posted.
An audio clip of Young Maylay was found on Audiostreet. It's around 1.8mbs and if you skip forward to around 1:18 you will hear Young Maylay's part, it gives you an idea on what you will hear from CJ in the game.
Click here to listen to Maylay
R* have sent us our September batch of exclusive fansite screens, they look great and there is now less than a month to wait til we can play it. Thanks R*
Also on the official San Andreas website there is some new artwork most likely of Salvatore Leone, you should remember him from GTA3. Now I added this artwork to the artwork page when it was first on the site but didn't post about it because I didn't think it was that significant but I see most sites have now posted it so, here it is if you haven't seen it already...
Some of our affiliates: