Seeking low FX mod

UKHazzard

Here come da n0ob

Many years ago whilst I struggled to get my old computer to run GTA3 without lags, I found a great little mod that reduced the load on my system by removing unnecessary 'eye-candy' such as the newspapers, rain effects, no-collision trees and so on.

I was wondering (having Googled and searched) if there was a similar mod available for GTA-SA..? My present computer copes excellently with running the game, except when I'm cloud-bound, going through a forest, doing burnouts / skids, and obviously during extreme firefights / burning buildings.

I've downloaded a 'no clouds' mod which helps in that respect, but the other texture / particle effects are still lagging me out. Is there a mod available, and where might an idiot such as myself find it?

Either that or I'll see if the .txd / .img editors available for SA will allow me to remove the offending parties myself - see you in three years in that case :huh:

Many thanks in advance.

The models in the game are actually called from the IPL (Item Placement List) filesin the MAPS

sub-folder of the DATA folder. You can edit these w/ any text editor.

Look in Downloads section under tools for PLAYER POSITION & CO-ORDS tools.

Step 1- BACK UP ALL FILES YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

Install the tools listed above.

Look for things like "f***edcar" (Rockstar's name), Trees & the like. Pick the item you want to remove &

put # at the beginning of the line.

Before closing the IPL file, open the player position tool & copy the XYZ co-ords & save them, then close or save

the IPL file (leave player position tool open).

Start the game. When you see CJ, pause & hit the "Windows" key (bottom left between "Ctrl" & Alt".

Click the "Transport" botton on the player position tool, resume the game & check your results.

Good Luck.