GTA VC halo install

hi, I've had GTA SA for a while now, I've installed 100's of vehicles (with handlin lines etc), models, scripts and many other things including player models and skins, hell I even wrote guide on here for putting in songs with SAAT visual. So recently i've decided to get VC because of that back to the future mod that's coming out. So since i got VC, the first thing i tired to do was put in was that cool lookin' halo player model on this site. So I loaded up good ol' IMG tool 2.0 (i think i'm supposed to use that), and i replaced the player.dff with the one in gta3.img, but the player.txd was called "too big to replace the original .txd" by img tool, wtf?, and i did put in the player.bmp skin in the generic folder. so can somebody help? the skin in game looks weird. oh PS: is there a way to boost the quality of the graphics in VC like you could in SA?

Edited by Quantum Man

hi, I've had GTA SA for a while now, I've installed 100's of vehicles (with handlin lines etc), models, scripts and many other things including player models and skins, hell I even wrote guide on here for putting in songs with SAAT visual. So recently i've decided to get VC because of that back to the future mod that's coming out. So since i got VC, the first thing i tired to do was put in was that cool lookin' halo player model on this site. So I loaded up good ol' IMG tool 2.0 (i think i'm supposed to use that), and i replaced the player.dff with the one in gta3.img, but the player.txd was called "too big to replace the original .txd" by img tool, wtf?, and i did put in the player.bmp skin in the generic folder. so can somebody help? the skin in game looks weird. oh PS: is there a way to boost the quality of the graphics in VC like you could in SA?

edit:

ok, so far I have just ended up deleting the player.dff and player.txd, and i then added the one's from the halo download in, then I rebuilt the archive. So when I went to try out the player model, the yellow textures arn't on the helmet like it shows in the picture on this site, and on gtagaming.com, and suggestions?

(o yeah, and BEFORE i started playing the game, I was able to change the resolution in on the main menu, unlike SA, where you can change it as you play.)

Edited by Quantum Man