changing target car

mtnboydl

I have several cars that overlap as image files. For example, I have three different vehicles that are specifically modded to be in place of the savanna. I would like to use all three of these and only one as savanna.

What does it take outside of me changing the file name from savanna.dff and .txd to xxxxx.dff and .txd?

With the data files, such as handling.dat, vehicles.ide, carcols.dat, and carmod.dat, do I just need to modify where it says the name?

Any links to topics already discussing this will also work

Thanks to all

As long as you're replacing 4-door cars, you should be okay just changing the TXD & DFF should take care of it. When I

swapped out the models in VC, it was that simple & I think SA would be the same.

Remember Taxis & emergency vehicles have extra bits, so you have to replace them w/ vehicles made to replace them. If

you want to replace a 2-door car or truck w/ a 4-door that should work but replacing a 4-door w/ a 2-door may cause

problems w/ Fire/Vigilante side missions (too many peds for a car) or your missions (4-door car needed).

Also remember aircraft, bikes/bicycles, & boats have extra handling lines & would crash your game.

Suggested cars to replace would be Glenshit (wrecked Glendale) & Saddleshit (Wrecked Saddler).

I can help you get them to show up in traffic if you PM me.