Game Crash

RME

Hello to all(i just registered)

And afcourse ive instaled mods for the game, BUT the game crashes after choosing load game or start new game(load screen comes up at stops at 50 %) and then the game shuts it selv.....

Ive tried every thing in the other topics, but it doenst work so eny suggestions????

And oh yeah i might need a dictionary......

I use the auto mod installer and not the IMG tool thing........

THX

;-)

Edited by RME

Well ive tryied the degrader it does not work........but there must be another way!!!!

Should i manualy install the mods?

Hello RME,

Firstly, the Dgrder does work i know cuz i used it(among plenty of others here).Secondly i would recommend ALWAYS installing manually..But if you are not comfortable with that then the Sami could do the job on some mods(those that have the sami script provided) or the .img tool will work wonders..when you say your game crashes the first thing you have to check for is version number as you NEED to have the right version ie: v.1 or 1.01 def not v.2 preferrably v.1 as it is the most accepting of mods.You can check for version in the right corner of the screen upon start up it will list a number for anything other than v.1 Now for a few questions:

1.Are you using a retail copy or a dl'ed=Downloaded copy

2.When you say dgrder not working tell us what it said you know error message prompt etc. blah blah blah

3.What mods have you installed already if any and which one/s were you tryin to install prior to your crash

4.Were you ever able to play the game successfully before it crashed the first time.

:)

Yeah the game worked before i instaled the mods......and when i tryied to degread the game it comes up a messeg nothing to fix all patches are installed.

BUT......BUT i reinstaled the game and used img tool 2.0 to manually install the mods(like i did for vice city)

and the game worked!!!!!

but still i dont get why the auto instaler did not work!!!! thx for the tips man^^^^

and the game is not a pirate version my friend just gave it to me.........lol

by-the way the mods are great!!!!!!!but i dont get it why are there so few fro san-andreas while vice got tons of mods......cause on ohter sites ive seen more mods for san andreas so how come are there so few here??

THX

Yeah the game worked before i instaled the mods......and when i tryied to degread the game it comes up a messeg nothing to fix all patches are installed.

Okay well thats a start so we know that you are able to run the game that message quite simply put only happens when either you are already using a v.1 game or your .exe file has already been patched,in which case there would be no files to patch...**rakim states the obvious**lol that im sure you knew just from readin your error message just thought i type an explanation for the message anyway ...just to be thorough

BUT......BUT i reinstaled the game and used img tool 2.0 to manually install the mods(like i did for vice city)

and the game worked!!!!!.

Did you make sure there were no files left from the old installation and are you absolutley sure that you made your code placement and file replacment correct because if all things are equal then it really sounds like there could be problem with the way you added your mods ie:wrong data or files not replaced that needed to be switched. Or maybe even mismatched files. Or maybe the image was not rebuilt (a kinda common user error) ..there are a number of reasons that the game would do that 50% load thing...and its hard to narrow them down because despite how great of a thing this game is, R* really dropped a buggy creation when they penned this one thats for sure..Then couple that with the fact that we are tryin to get it to do S**t that R* may have hidden or left out or never even intended to be in game for a reason,so who knows? Thats why it is always advised to back up EVERY THING so that WHEN not IF something goes wrong you can always revert. Now with that said if you go back and carefully insure that all of your file placement and switching/editing is correct ie:if your are switching an replacing .txd and .dff files be sure to switch them all out properly and then rebuild.and if you are placing codes then insure you are inserting them where they need to be and recompiling. Then if you still have issues

then you might want to consider utilizing all of your backups and starting from scratch and if that does not work then the last step is the Sh**TY one **menacing music plays in Bckgrnd** REINSTALL...

but still i dont get why the auto instaler did not work!!!! thx for the tips man^^^^
well that is another up in the air question when you are dealing with any code strings or scripts and patches there are always chances for bad coding ie:bad strings poorly written too little or too much info. maybe patches screwing things up maybe you have mods which use same resources blah blah blah wut ever, you take your pick from the above but anytime something is automated there is always room for a hiccup thats why sometimes it will work fine then other times it wont..(not really a great answer but a true one just the same)
by-the way the mods are great!!!!!!!but i dont get it why are there so few fro san-andreas while vice got tons of mods......cause on ohter sites ive seen more mods for san andreas so how come are there so few here??

THX

Now that i cant answer at all since i am not a MOD-erator on this site, im just a member like you, i just like to help out cuz i know how it is to have a post go unanswered, kinda make you feel like no body is listening... :cry: but what i can suggest is that you get a membership at all of the sites you like so you dont miss anything and you will have access to lots of diff perspctives on fixes patches mods and all dat...

Edited by Rakim