Stuttering

dragonsurfer

I've tried a couple of things to fix this, thought I had it fixed but no. Sometimes when I am playing the sound(and framerate)will start to stutter badly. It seems to be randomly caused and requires quitting and restarting san andreas to make it go away. I have tried changing my eax driver(which actually seemed to help for a little while), I have tried turning down all the gamefeatures(Draw distance,resolution,etc.). I have tried changing my sound acceleration level(this also seemed to help at first). I have read that ver 1.01 may fix this, but have read where people said it did not, or only made things worse. Anyways, I am using no-cd patch and would be unable to update. I am only using 2 stereo pc speakers and not 5.1 or anything like that. My sound is onboard (soundmax digital audio is the driver). Can anyone reccomend any fixes other than the ones I've already tried?

If the game is slow then you have to get a better PC

I have a 2.2 ghz pentium 4 with Nvidia 6200 graphics card, 1 gb of ram, and a 250 gb hard drive. I know that is not top of the line, but I should be able to play san andreas without the fps crapping out to the point where everything goes into a slow motion stutter.