Script mod glitch

Urbanoutlaw

I finally figured out how to use BW's Mission Editor & have some success, SAPD HQ now has a well stocked evidence room,

police arsenel & SWAT locker. The National Gaurd Depot (Robbing Uncle Sam) now has military vehichles & weapons & the

Sheriff's station in Dilimore has added vehichles.

the problem I have (& have seen this in every script mod I've tried) is CJ's view is altered when you target someone/thing.

I press the target control & instead of looking at my target, I get a profile of CJ. If I try manual targeting, I get a profile of CJ

pointing at his feet.

???????

Is this just my machine or a glitch from editing the MAIN.SCR?

Is there a way to correct this?

Any help appreciated.

I'd be inclined to say that its targeting something behind you. If you look behind CJ and hold down the target button, you'll notice he points one gun up and one gun down (if dual wielding). I havent tried any significant script mods for SA, so I don't know what would make him look backwards every time you target.

Try targeting on someone directly in front of you, just so you can figure out where exactly the problem is.

Clarification -

I am targeting something ahead of me (it shows for a split second), the point of view just swings around to a profile.

Also, the sniper rifle & camera seem to work okay & I haven't tried setting the controls to mouse & keyboard, just the PS2

style gamepad.

Thanks anyway.

PS - nice hardware in your pic

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Today was a pleasant suprise, the glitch cleared its self!!!

I was testing my own mod when I got to the mission "Nines & AKs" wondering if it would even work when the glitch was gone.

Not sure why, but now the manual aim & target lock work like they're supposed to, so be watching for the outlaw script mod

in the near future. Possibly, this was corrected by the coding for the mission "Nines & AKs", but whatever the cause, it made

my day. :D

For those interested, so far I have stocked the LSPD/Dilimore stations w/ LOTS of weapons (Evidence Room, Police Arsenal &

SWAT Locker), put a Police Bike in front of LSPD, put Police Bike, Quad, Sanchez (both B&W), Enforcer & FBI Rancher @

Dilimore & stocked the National Gaurd Depot w/ vehichles & weapons. you also find a Maverick behind CJ's house in Ganton

& on top of the TV Studio in LS. Further details will be posted in the appropriate thread as they develop.

• 1 month later...