Positive & Negative

K9 Krew

Out of all the stuff we heard in the latest GI, I thought I'd explain the possiblities from what has been said, just to get things straight, and if it is a positive or negative for the game.

Fact 1

The game is set in Liberty City in 2007, but it is bigger than the Liberty City we saw in GTA III.

A good thing. The fact is that NY is where they have been living so they can really show us what it's like, remember, R* used digi-cams on a road trip for all the past games they made, and used information from people who knew about the city. Now that they've been there for a while, they can recreate the city better than before because they know what it's like to live there. Also it's going to be bigger than LC on PS2, and this is a good thing, LC wasn't that small anyway, so people hoping for a big map should be ok with what they get.

Fact 2

R* are recreating 4 of the 5 boroughs in NY, no rural land

I was a bit unsure about not having some rural land in GTA4, but soon got over that, because the amount of deatil the city gives off will be enough, especially since there are going to be 4 areas that represent real places and will obviously look different to each other, so at least this will add variety to the one city.

Fact 3

Peds will be more realistic.

This is something that will define the game, in the f.reeroam areas, because that is the only thing left to do after completing missions, so if they can amke this as interesting as actually playing the missions in the game, will be happy untill the next GTA is released. Improved AI is definately something the PS2 games needed, and humor is the main point I want to be shown from peds, as well as things like fear and arrogance.

Fact 4

The screenshot are not showing us what the final graphics will be like.

Very nice, that's what the graphics are already, so if they can only get better, I don't think anymore needs to be said about this.

Fact 5

Variations in the terrain cause realistic changes in the walking animation. Improved physics.

Another thing essential to the game's success, and since the physics in previous GTA games was taccy, but still we loved the games, what we can expect is a lot more suprises and gasping to see when playing the game, imaging walking up a steep hill and seeing the position of a character change, or irregular bumps on the floor could result in a sprained ankle, that would be funny for a gag.

Fact 6

Mission control.

This is the most exciting thing I've heard. You can kind of choose which direction you want the game to go in which will result in an altered storyline each time you play. This may be the first GTA I'll complete more than once for once.

Fact 7

No planes.

Maybe the only kind of negative thing I've heard so far. Since most of the other things are getting me pumped up for the game this hasn't hit me at all, at first it did, but only because I was sure planes would be in the game, it's the shock of disbelief that stuck me with this first of all, after, I realised GTA is more than piloting.

Written by Uzi 9MM from GTA Forums®, I in no way claim that this is my own work.