RE install error...

buick4u2nv

ok i did use the search function... and i didnt find what im loking for...maybe somone can help...

the game is SA v2.0 down graded.. i instlled some mods.. worked..installed some more.. game half loads..and crashes..

so im like..ok.. re install time... so after UN installation i re install.. gets to 78% and i get an error..

says "insert disc 3" that contains "audio\STREAMS\aa" wtf??

Maybe you installed a bad mod.

These can corrupt your game, a link to the mod that seems to be the problem?

Try and explore the dis for the directory audio/streams/aa since i'm too lazy to do it for you. If the directory/file doesn't exist, then this is a pickle. If it does, then, do what UO says, uninstall, delete the folder that contained SA (not deleted after reindstall for some reason, defrag your HD (s) and start fresh.

UO, as for disc 3, may have been that the game was originally proposed to be store don 3 CD's, but was changed during development and compiled onto a DVD, AFAIK, ther isn't any other versions, ie. made using multiple CD's instaed of DVD's.

@: good for using the search funtion first. Yu did your homework.

Just a last check..... Is the game copy legal, cos we get alot of people around here who beg for help because their game don't work, because they are tight fisted little theives. And we don't give it to them.

UO, as for disc 3, may have been that the game was originally proposed to be store don 3 CD's, but was changed during development and compiled onto a DVD, AFAIK, ther isn't any other versions, ie. made using multiple CD's instaed of DVD's.

That would explain it, I would just be surprised if it were released on CD. My SA disk is 3.92 Gig (just checked) & CD was all

but obsolete when SA was released.

If you are using a "free" copy, get the legal one. You'll have a LOT less trouble w/ it.

good luck.

That would explain it, I would just be surprised if it were released on CD. My SA disk is 3.92 Gig (just checked) & CD was all

but obsolete when SA was released.

If you are using a "free" copy, get the legal one. You'll have a LOT less trouble w/ it.

good luck.

Though it is highly unlikely.

Legal copy > Free copy, by the way.

But don't try anything too drastic until you've checked whether it was abad mod.

UO, check your inbox, while you're here.

<- OT - ness.