Any way to add objects rather than overwrite previous?

romax

I was just wondering, i noticed an extension on here for 3DS Max, it converts .DFF format to load in max.

But when i'm finished, where do i put my newly created file?

Even so, how would i tell SA that my newly create object is ready to be loaded into the game.

I'm new to Modding but i've always thought about the feature to load new objects.

I'm guessng this isnt pssible, given the name of the trade, 'Modding', also known as modifying.

So i guess i could just make a backup of the original file and keep it for safety.

Any tips on where i might find the main objects for SA? What Directory.

Edited by romax

I was just wondering, i noticed an extension on here for 3DS Max, it converts .DFF format to load in max.

But when i'm finished, where do i put my newly created file?

Even so, how would i tell SA that my newly create object is ready to be loaded into the game.

I'm new to Modding but i've always thought about the feature to load new objects.

I'm guessng this isnt pssible, given the name of the trade, 'Modding', also known as modifying.

So i guess i could just make a backup of the original file and keep it for safety.

Any tips on where i might find the main objects for SA? What Directory.

All 3D models for the game are contained within .IMG files. You can find them in [Drive]:\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models. To work with the .DFF files, you'll need an IMG editor tool. There are 3 main ones... gta3.img is the big one and contains all vehicles, weapons, people, buildings and other miscellaneous files. gta-int.img contains stuff viewed when inside buildings. player.img holds models and textures for the things CJ can wear or otherwise apply to his body. This means things like clothes, tattoos, haircuts, etc..

As far as adding NEW objects, you can only do it by replacing something else. Exceptions to this are objects that can be purchased in stores. With those, you can modify various files to add new clothes, for example. Not something for the inexperienced! Just check out some mods to see how others have done it and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Hope this helps clear things up!