First Time Modding - HELP!

Triple Hacker

#1:When someone installs your mod, they need to put the files in the GTA Vice City Directory. If file need to be put in to it.

#2: When it says "Back up your files" it means you need to make a copy of the files your replacing with a new one. So if you want your old files back, you can re-add your backed up ones. Witch are the ones you made a copy of.

Hope this helps. ^_^

#1:When someone installs your mod, they need to put the files in the GTA Vice City Directory. If file need to be put in to it.

#2: When it says "Back up your files" it means you need to make a copy of the files your replacing with a new one. So if you want your old files back, you can re-add your backed up ones. Witch are the ones you made a copy of.

Hope this helps. ^_^

Hmm.. i kinda get this.. Id there any how you can give me an example plz?

Sure.

Example:

I am installing a new mod that replaces the "MAIN.scm" in "Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto Vice City/data", I go into my data folder and copy the "MAIN.scm" file from my data folder, I copy it and paste it in my GTA Backups folder. (Thats a backup file in-case I wanna revert back.) I replace with the new data file. Now, I replaced the main.scm file with the new one. I have another copy of the original file in my GTA Backups folder.

Thats a backed up file for when I want to remove that mod.

Do the same again to any other file that needs replacing. You must also make a copy of a file in Spook's IMG Tool.

Do you understand now?

When you start replacing cars into your game, do them one at a time. This way, if you have a problem (crashing, lock up,

etc) you can quickly find & fix the problem. If you can, find the car you want to replace, put it in a garage & save. That way

you don't have to look for it. There's a nice save editor around you can use to edit car spawns w/out editing your script

(meaning your save files will still work :D ), use it to put your car outside your Hotel.

Most of the IMG tools I've seen have a disclaimer to use the DELETE option instead of REPLACE, some kind of glitch.

As I recall, there's also an EXTRACT option, use that & tuck the original DFF & TXD of the car you're replacing in a folder

in your backups. For example, BOBCAT.DFF & BOBCAT.TXD would be saved in VC BOBCAT or similar.

Anyway, good luck.