8800gt nvidia driver problems

jay.mack

hi guys im wondering if some 1 can help, i just got an 88gt and gta refuses to boot, :bashhead: i know its the drivers as i also have timeshift and i had to install new drivers for that, again gta sa stoped working, :bashhead: i rolled em back and hey presto it worked. :clapping: now what i want to know is , which drivers version will let the game work. :worship:

thanx in advance... :thumbsup::worship::thumbsup:

Did you use beta drivers? If so, try using the fully stable ones. If you didn't, try the beta ones :P Maybe it was a problem they didn't know of and the beta ones fixed it.

How exactly does it 'stop working'? Just fails to start, or does an error occur during the game?

yeah m8, it just wont even boot, i click on the icon and nothing happens not even the eggtimer, gona try your suggestion and install new drivers and reinstall the game, to see if that helps.

cheers for the quick reply :thumbsup:

Edited by jay.mack

• 2 weeks later...
Did you use beta drivers? If so, try using the fully stable ones. If you didn't, try the beta ones :P Maybe it was a problem they didn't know of and the beta ones fixed it.

How exactly does it 'stop working'? Just fails to start, or does an error occur during the game?

yeah m8, it just wont even boot, i click on the icon and nothing happens not even the eggtimer, gona try your suggestion and install new drivers and reinstall the game, to see if that helps.

cheers for the quick reply :thumbsup:

rite i updated my dx9c and installed the latest distro of the dx9 runtime installed the l8test nvidia drivers and still cant get it to boot. any ideas guys?

When I installed a new video card in my PC, I had the same problem you're having.

I deleted the gta_sa.set file in the GTA San Andreas User Files folder, and everything worked fine after that.

The gta_sa.set file doesn't get deleted when you uninstall the game, so it has to be done manually.

I had to reconfigure my settings after that, but that wasn't a big deal.

Edited by zmoonchild