game freezes

silverjag

hey guys, i've been modding my cars (just simply replacing the txd and diff files) and as soon as i do this, my game always freezes. i don't know if it's just one file or all of them that screw it up. i'm thinking it's just the fact that i'm modding them. i'm using imgtool to open up gta3 and replacing the txd and diff files. am i doing something incorrectly? i have gta sa v1.00.

i've been deleting the old car models and replacing them with new ones; that doesn't crash the game, but the problem is that when for ex. i rename supergt.diff to supergt.diff.bak and put in a lamborghini for supergt.diff the lamborghini doesn't show; it's still the same old model.

thanks a lot guys.

did you replace both DFF and TXD ?

i used sami for pretty much all my car mods in san andreas.

make sure that you have dmagic wheelmod (i think) and make sure you do all the other edits: handling.cfg, default.ide, whatever else it tells you in the readme.

also if you have a car in a garage eg u have super gt in a garage, and then you replace with a ferrari, if you go to that garage after youve modded, the game will crash. make sure you pull all the cars out of your garage before you mod, or you can use garage editors that are included with some trainers.