GTA 4 PC Hardware Questions

I'm all ready for GTA 4 for my PC. Questions:

#1)System requirements specify something about ATI X1900 video card. My iMac (running Vista) has a Mobility Radeon 2600XT. I'm assuming that since it is a bigger model number it will work OK. Should it work?

#2)What should I buy for a joystick for GTA 4 on the PC? Which model(s)? I'm new to this, not sure what works best.

Thanks for all.

No, the second number is what is important, that card will not perform extremely well but it depends also on your processor and RAM. Also how do you have a desktop with a laptop card?

I'm not so sure you are correct about the second number. Rockstar lists min as 1900 and recommended as 3870 -- note that the second number is less in the recommended.

Can you cite a source or explanation for your "second number" advice?

I have an Apple iMac running Vista--I have no idea how Apple chooses hardware to stuff in an iMac.

2. Xbox 360 wired controller

I will buy one.

Thanks for all.

Yes, I am correct, even though the second number in the 1900 is higher, the 3870 has a much improved architecture and can perform better while having a lower number. The 2600, while running on an improved architecture, is still not really made for gaming (Macs really aren't) as the 1900 was.

But you think overall that the game will work on the 2600?

Thanks for all,

The Lizard

Well you'd have to tell me your exact processor and RAM, this can be done if you're in Windows by going to the Welcome Center or System Information in Control Panel, or in OSX by going to "About This Mac" and clicking "More Information". Overall you shouldn't have a problem running, you just probably won't be able to do so at high settings.

Well you'd have to tell me your exact processor and RAM, this can be done if you're in Windows by going to the Welcome Center or System Information in Control Panel, or in OSX by going to "About This Mac" and clicking "More Information". Overall you shouldn't have a problem running, you just probably won't be able to do so at high settings.

Thanks. I did look up the ATI Radeon graphics products in Wikipedia. In terms of shading speed and other measures, my card seems to be less capable than the 1900 (min recommended).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...rocessing_Units

This second page indicates (as you said) that the second digit gives a lot of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon

Will upgrade from 2GB to 4GB on the RAM.

My graphics card (Mobility 2600XT) has 512MB of RAM.

Processor speed is Intel 2.8GHz, so that should be fast enough.

Thanks for the advice.

I've got my fingers crossed.

If I can't be committing felonies, I'll be disappointed.

The Lizard

• 2 weeks later...
I've got my fingers crossed.

If I can't be committing felonies, I'll be disappointed.

The Lizard

Jujitsu Lizard, did you end up getting the game for your iMac. I have the same computer and want to know if GTA 4 will play on it. Based on what I've been reading, I'm thinking it won't run very well if at all, but I'm hoping.