Verdant Meadows area freeze

PyroFX

Hey, sorry to ask this, but i have no clue why this is occuring. Whenever i drive around las venturas, los santos, and san fierro, i have no problems. But, once i start to drive aorund the area consiting of verdant meadows, castillo de diablo, etc, I randomly freeze. It did not start to do this until i installed a mod for the rancher which was suppossed to be for the sandking, so maybe thats my problem. If you think this would be the problem, if anybody has the orginal rancher txd and dff files, i would really appreciate it if you could give me them. Also, if anybody knows a good replacement for the rancher, let me know.

Thanks.

Pyro

Edited by PyroFX

The sandking spawns around that area, on top of the mountain where the Big Ear satellite is. The mod must be corrupted, and causing your game to crash. If you replace the mod you've got right now with a working one, it should sort itself out. If you replace the dff and txd straight to ones from another mod, the game should work fine, but we can't really supply the stock files from the game for legal reasons.

As for replacements, try and land rover / range rover / big chevy / ford or some other yank tank.

LlamaLlama probably has the right idea, your game is crashing when it sees the replaced vehicle (common to the

desert).

Also look at your DATA entries for the mod, it could be something in the HANDLING.CFG file. When you change a

car put a pound sign (#) at the beginning of the original entry so the game treats it as a remark & skips over it, then

add the new line just below it (keep them in the same order is SA or your game won't start). This way you can see if

there's any missing bits & compare the lines if there's a problem.

I changed out the Patriot in VC for a nice Hummer H1 & the handling line was missing the bit for anti-lock breaks.

The game didn't crash but it caused a glitch that was fun to watch.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw