GTAIV Crashes

HellBoy3

Hi all,

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? i've tried reinstalling the game, update patches, installing latest video card drivers, etc.

THANK YOU !!!

List your hardware, so we have something to work with.

Also check your HDD, CPU, and GPU Temperatures, and CPU Usage.

Use CPU-Z and GPU-Z for info.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

http://www.filehippo.com/download_gpuz/

What are you running at the same time as the game? What graphics settings are you on?

Are you Overclocking? Is it stable?

Many factors could explain it. The OC however, is least likely.

Edited by raybob95

Been stuck and having the same crashing from the sounds of it. Haven't been able to fix my way around them. Game runs super smooth and beautiful almost no matter what settings I play it at.

Currently run it at 1920x1200, texture on high, render on highest, distance at 20, detail at 55, vehicle at 100, shadow at 16.

Memory usage is in the green at 882 of 1000. My video cards as 2gig, but hell, who's gonna get any support from ATI for purchasing their most expensive card!? Drivers are 9.1 with the hotfix 8.11 pre installed.

So I can play the game consistently for around an hour and it'll crash every time. I may be able to complete 2 or 3 missions, but that's pushing it before I have to make a run to save and hope it doesn't freeze and bomb before I get there (which is almost always seems to be the case). I'm aggravated, and irritated at PC gaming lately.

Farcry 2 bombs 1 hour in game only in DX10. GTA4 same thing (regarding 1 hour). Crysis, a key person seems to stand unresponsive and the game can't go anywhere. Is there any point to purchasing a PC game anymore? All of these run fantasticly smooth, but they are nearly unplayable with these bombs and bugs!? Da heck?

Been stuck and having the same crashing from the sounds of it. Haven't been able to fix my way around them. Game runs super smooth and beautiful almost no matter what settings I play it at.

Currently run it at 1920x1200, texture on high, render on highest, distance at 20, detail at 55, vehicle at 100, shadow at 16.

Memory usage is in the green at 882 of 1000. My video cards as 2gig, but hell, who's gonna get any support from ATI for purchasing their most expensive card!? Drivers are 9.1 with the hotfix 8.11 pre installed.

So I can play the game consistently for around an hour and it'll crash every time. I may be able to complete 2 or 3 missions, but that's pushing it before I have to make a run to save and hope it doesn't freeze and bomb before I get there (which is almost always seems to be the case). I'm aggravated, and irritated at PC gaming lately.

Farcry 2 bombs 1 hour in game only in DX10. GTA4 same thing (regarding 1 hour). Crysis, a key person seems to stand unresponsive and the game can't go anywhere. Is there any point to purchasing a PC game anymore? All of these run fantasticly smooth, but they are nearly unplayable with these bombs and bugs!? Da heck?

Same here, My GTA copy is crashing like alot. Really getting on my nerves.

Why can they have games run perfect on consoles but always do botch jobs on the PC versions? Well I guess alot of factors can come into play since no hardware is the same. But your right still, its ridicoulse the amount of PC games that just crash while playing them.

Edited by Sabin

In terms of gaming, PC's always out stand the best, because it was originally created from there. Now obviously many PC games are turning it to be next gen, right? So is the rest of the technology we're using, but right now not many of us are getting what we want, which is playing these cool games on high etc. Of course, it is a pain in the ass that we spent money on expensive hardware just to play, until we find out it still doesn't work. Yes, it is a pain, really it is. I've seen some of my mates with their awesome gaming PCs, yet they can max out Crysis and Far Cry 2, but not GTA IV, he can only go up to the medium settings, which isn't fairly surprising nowadays.