Sounds

GTBoy2

Hi all, i have got a new motorbike ive made, and i am wondering now how o change the sound it makes, to one from another in-game Bike, i have made this new bike "over" the wayfarer, which has a sound of a multicylinder bike, the bike ive made has a vtwin, how do i get the sound of the "harleydavidson" style bike in the game, to also work on my new bike??

thanks

GTBoy.

I used the SAAT tool to export the files but you can use it to import files too..

I do not want to go into a long post, but I had problems using it at first following the provided Instructions..

I could not get my .cmd prompt to go into the hard drive directory so I just copied and pasted a cmd prompt into the San ANdreas install folder..

The commands did not want to work once I got past the cmd problem...

So I toyed around with them, and the program to work...

Create a SAAT folder, inside that folder copy the CONFIG folder/w files from san andreas into the SAAT folder..

Got into the instructions for the SAAT1.2 (I think to be exact) Open command prompt, from the SAN ANDREA intasll folder.

Copy the SFX command lines, from the instructions, the part of the commands for the DIR, and FOLDERS, for where the extracted FILES are to go

Replace with the DIR and FOLDERS you created.. The only other part of the line, you you replace is the FILE name, GENRL, SP_PA, ect..

The command instructions from the INSTRUCTION File, (comes with the program) did not want to create the folder in TEMP, and or create and copy the other files to the SAAT temp folder, so I crated the folders and replaced the lines from the listed commands that are in the INSTRUCTION file, with the DIR and FOLDERS I had to create..

Make sure you back up the AUDIO FOLDER, from the GTA SAN ANDREAS Install folder..

I hoping you know how, or understand how to use cmd prompt.

This is a SITE with listed SFX http://pdescobar.home.comcast.net/~pdescob...at/sfx_dir.html

Then use the import lines from the instructions, again replacing the DIR, and FOLDERS from where the EXTRACTED files are sitting, once you replaced the SFX with the ones you want to use..

This should be simple if you used command prompt and the instruction I have put forth are pretty easy to follow.. Other then this program I have not played around with any other one, so someone else may be able to help you, or give you the name of a CLICK ans USE program..

I did this for a mod vehicle, to get a Small block CHevy engine sound..

So an example of the command line I used would be C:\document and settings\administrator\my documents\saat\

OR the NAME of your windows USER FOLDER example JOHNDOE

Or you could just create and use C:\ directly, C:\SAAT\....................

Easier to type.... Or open a notepad, and paste the commands, and replace them with the DIR and folders for later use if you want to replace other SFX files.

and SAVE it... So you always have it and do not need to type it in everytime..

Edited by SmokinRE4

And to get the sound you need to create (example) maybe 3 different sound, one of the bike in IDLE, one of it being REVed up till it is about or ready to shift gears, and one of the motor winding down as you stop..

The listed SFX web site will give you the main file (SC_PA example) and names of the banks..

The sound files in the banks are only so long in time, If I remember you have to match the wave of the sound plus the duration of the ORIGINAL sound file..

Then rename the NEW sounds the same as the ORIGINAL sounds, and then replace out the old with the new..

And import the XX_XX file back into the GTA install, audio\SFX folder, using SAAT..

If you are unsure about this I can extract and import the files for you... Using my GTA Audio files.... If you create the sounds I can do the rest for you, I would also try google or any search engine maybe even youtube to try and get the sounds from a harley unless you have bike you drive, or a friend to record the sounds that way..

Oh yeah you will also need to get a sound of the bike after it has hit high gear and the engine is maxed out...

Edited by SmokinRE4