Saved game help

alexproto

I re-installed the game after the img tool couldn't work and it said "read beyond end of file" or something like that. After re-installing it I couldn't find my save file and had to start from the beginning. Also after starting a new game and saved, there is no gta san andreas user files any more in my documents. Please help, I have my original save file in a new folder, and if it helps my version is cracked.

If you uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, it should create a User Folder, when you restarted the game..

There have been conflicts with IMGtool2.0 and Windows Vista..

If you used or installed any other tools these other tools could also have caused this problem, I would delete, or if it is possible some tools have a auto uninstall, and get rid of them all, most of these tools attach themselves to the main install folder for GTA.. Could also cause the re-installed files to also become corrupt..

I also always save the .rar files, in a single folder, and also burn them to a data cd, as long as they stay in .rar (or archived) they cannot do anything, so if I do have a problem, I can delete or uninstall these programs, but have the .rar as a backup.

I have not had a problem with ImgTool2.0, but I have had numerous problem with just about every editor out there, causing goofy changes in files, without me ever actually using the program..

I only stick to Imgtool.2.0 and G-TXD... And If I want to tweak (not mod) vehicles, peds or any thing else, I do it manually I junked most if not all the other editors, they cause changes in files without ever using them..

So simply delete (or uninstall if the tool has this option) any and all tools, these attach themselves to files, and can cause re-installs to go corrupt..

Something, else it could be is corrupt registry files, and for that you would have to get someone else to help you, I have played and deleted out these files with other programs, but I am not sure where or which files when it comes to GTA San Andreas.

I do not know what else this could be from, other then a corrupt hard drive. Or your motherboard has gone bad. Usually you will notice this with other programs, or the performance of your computer has gone downhill, and it will get worse, or just quit..

Edited by SmokinRE4

If you uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, it should create a User Folder, when you restarted the game..

There have been conflicts with IMGtool2.0 and Windows Vista..

If you used or installed any other tools these other tools could also have caused this problem, I would delete, or if it is possible some tools have a auto uninstall, and get rid of them all, most of these tools attach themselves to the main install folder for GTA.. Could also cause the re-installed files to also become corrupt..

I also always save the .rar files, in a single folder, and also burn them to a data cd, as long as they stay in .rar (or archived) they cannot do anything, so if I do have a problem, I can delete or uninstall these programs, but have the .rar as a backup.

I have not had a problem with ImgTool2.0, but I have had numerous problem with just about every editor out there, causing goofy changes in files, without me ever actually using the program..

I only stick to Imgtool.2.0 and G-TXD... And If I want to tweak (not mod) vehicles, peds or any thing else, I do it manually I junked most if not all the other editors, they cause changes in files without ever using them..

So simply delete (or uninstall if the tool has this option) any and all tools, these attach themselves to files, and can cause re-installs to go corrupt..

Something, else it could be is corrupt registry files, and for that you would have to get someone else to help you, I have played and deleted out these files with other programs, but I am not sure where or which files when it comes to GTA San Andreas.

I do not know what else this could be from, other then a corrupt hard drive. Or your motherboard has gone bad. Usually you will notice this with other programs, or the performance of your computer has gone downhill, and it will get worse, or just quit..

ok thanks but how do we uninstall img tool

Just delete the program, if you have it unarchived in more then one folder it will stay attached.. Delete it completely....

And keep it in the .rar. format until you have re-installed GTA San Andreas..

This is all I did to remove the IMG tool, and when I re-installed San Andreas, the IMG tool icon image was not attched to the re-installed IMG files inside any of the San Andreas folders... Like I said if it is attached it could be corrupting files..

This tool is a trusted tool for modding your game, but it stays attached till you delete it out completely, and your probably going to have to re-install the entire game all over again anyway...

But there is no uninstall file , or anything, just delete out ALL of the files that came with the IMG tool, including the main IMG tool porgram, itself...

Just to be safe empty your your windows trash can, after you delete out the IMG tool...

Edited by SmokinRE4