Sarah Palin steps down

_Ray

You know what we need is someone like Newt Gingrich or Rush Limbaugh as President......

But on topic, Sarah Palin announced last week that she would be stepping down as governor at the end of July and hand the power over to the lieutenant governor. She said that she would not seek re-election in 2010. She claimed it was because of all the ridicules and ridiculous lawsuits against her taking up all her time and money. Which is the truth. She has amassed over 500,000 dollars worth of legal bills just for defending herself, despite the fact that she won every case. This reminds me about how some countries wisely force the prosecutor to pay for the defendant's legal bills in the event that they lose. What a good idea.... It was also taking away from much of her time to do things for her family and the state. So, she said it was time for her to 'pass the ball'.

So now, because of all the liberals, Sen. Kerry, Dave Letterman, and whoever else coming up with ridiculous things to get mad at her about such as wearing a jacket with a fucking logo on it, she has lost her job, and has over a half a million dollars of debt.

Source

Edited by Raybob

Hey you're back, and still not paying attention...

From what I've heard and read even Republicans don't understand why she stepped down.

I haven't heard anywhere where she's "in debt" and most of the "scandals" she's had to defend have been paid for with money from the taxpayers of Alaska. In fact there is legal money built into the state budget to cover her expenses defending these "ridiculous charges"

She didn't "lose her job" she quit. Big difference.

Her own Lt. Gov said he really didn't know why she was stepping down. When asked he responded "I think she said..." well if he doesn't know...

She's also claimed that she quit because she decided not to run in 2010 and didn't want the state to have to pay her. Well if that's the case, why didn't Bush, Clinton, Regan, etc. all step down in their 2nd term? They couldn't run for a 3rd term...

I don't know her, but my guess is she quit because she was afraid of going out of the public spotlight (which face it, Alaska wasn't making any headlines till McCain picked her) so now she writes a book, goes on public speaking tours, and raises money for 3 years, not to mention makes millions.

Al Gore gets $175,000 per speech from liberal outfits, Palin is bound to get a least that, if not more as Republican backers typically have a bigger bankroll. In other words, don't be worrying about her needing money she'll be fine.

What I question is does she think this will help her if she runs for President in 2012? Does she think being labeled a "quitter" by not only the "liberal" media, but conservative outlets, other Republicans, etc will be a good thing?

(I was listening to a conservative radio host the day after and he was appalled. He was mad at himself for ever standing up for Mrs. Palin, that should tell you something)

Maybe she just wants to be a Mom, and if it's that I applaud her, but I seriously doubt that's the case...

I haven't heard anywhere where she's "in debt" and most of the "scandals" she's had to defend have been paid for with money from the taxpayers of Alaska. In fact there is legal money built into the state budget to cover her expenses defending these "ridiculous charges"

The frivolous ethics charges (All thrown out) have cost Alaska several million dollars & her personally about half a million.

If the charges can't be proven, the PLAINTIFF should pay the bills.

I don't know her, but my guess is she quit because she was afraid of going out of the public spotlight (which face it, Alaska wasn't making any headlines till McCain picked her) so now she writes a book, goes on public speaking tours, and raises money for 3 years, not to mention makes millions.

Not much scares her, you get that if you listen to her much (don't see many interviews in "mainstream" news so I understand if people miss them). Alaska might not have been the "headlines" but it's been an important issue,

especially concerning domestic energy. One of the things that got her noticed was taking on corruption in her own

party ("Put that sucker on e-bay") As for books & lecture tours, that's the quickest way to raise money & pay off the

aforementioned half million in legal bills.

(I was listening to a conservative radio host the day after and he was appalled. He was mad at himself for ever standing up for Mrs. Palin, that should tell you something)

Which "conservative" host was this? Between Beck, Hannity, Levin & Limbaugh I take in around 8 hours a day &

haven't heard anything but continued support.

Maybe she's not saying much because she's tired of being nit-picked by a bunch of retards.

The frivolous ethics charges (All thrown out) have cost Alaska several million dollars & her personally about half a million.

If the charges can't be proven, the PLAINTIFF should pay the bills.

Agreed. Still she's not "in debt" because of them which was my point

Not much scares her, you get that if you listen to her much (don't see many interviews in "mainstream" news so I understand if people miss them). Alaska might not have been the "headlines" but it's been an important issue,

especially concerning domestic energy. One of the things that got her noticed was taking on corruption in her own

party ("Put that sucker on e-bay") As for books & lecture tours, that's the quickest way to raise money & pay off the

aforementioned half million in legal bills.

Didn't say Alaska wasn't important, or that she's scared of much. But you can't run for national office if you're not in the national spot light.

Nothing wrong with lectures or books, or making money. However, if she's quitting because she wants to make more money and giving BS responses about not wanting to waste tax payer money, not exactly honest...

Which "conservative" host was this? Between Beck, Hannity, Levin & Limbaugh I take in around 8 hours a day &

haven't heard anything but continued support.

Local host, named Ron Smith (http://wbal.com/shows/smith/)

No offense to the local guys, I don't even pay much attention to the guys in my area. I catch what I can of the big ones

& fit it together from there.

I wouldn't call it a BS response, Obama still collected paychecks for being a senator for a year & a half while running for

President, & did little to no work as such. Palin's decision makes sense if she wants to get something bigger in the works

& shows concern for Alaska's best interest. Did you see her unedited statement or just the highlights (serious question,

no sarcasm intended)? If you saw the difference in TEA Party coverage between "mainstream" & Fox/ conservative

talk radio then you know what I mean.

I wouldn't count her out just yet, Palin's just not giving much to pick apart at this time.

No offense to the local guys, I don't even pay much attention to the guys in my area. I catch what I can of the big ones

& fit it together from there.

I wouldn't call it a BS response, Obama still collected paychecks for being a senator for a year & a half while running for

President, & did little to no work as such. Palin's decision makes sense if she wants to get something bigger in the works

& shows concern for Alaska's best interest. Did you see her unedited statement or just the highlights (serious question,

no sarcasm intended)? If you saw the difference in TEA Party coverage between "mainstream" & Fox/ conservative

talk radio then you know what I mean.

I wouldn't count her out just yet, Palin's just not giving much to pick apart at this time.

I didn't see the whole statement no. I read online what I thought had been most of the speech, but it's possible it wasn't.

I certainly don't count her out, not by a long shot.

To be honest I keep waiting for her to run for Senate in 2010 and then President in 2016, give her a little more of the experience that so many people think she doesn't have enough of.

Especially since she's so young, she'll still be plenty young in 2016.

Course if a Repub beats Obama in 2012 kind hurts that theory.

Edited by draftermatt

• 1 month later...