So I've reinstalled

GarglingGlass

The only things I've installed are SRT3 and the high res plants mod. My save was broken, could not get busted, so I started over. Everything is working fine except for 2 things. One is no biggy because it only happens once. When the radar flashes when it teaches me what it is, half the models on the screen flash in and out too. O well. Only does it once. The real problem I'm having is that the textures aren't loading completely, only showing the 'far away' place holder textures, until I'm VERY close and it takes a second.

To try to fix this, I installed Aures' texture replacer mod that comes with a view distance enhancer 8x. It had no change to this problem. Any thoughts?

Just for the record, I'm running the game with a GTX 285. Hardware is no consequence, plus I was playing it high res just fine before.

this may be obvious but, make sure draw distance is maximum in the menu.

the "problem" you're having isnt a problem, in fact im pretty sure san andreas just DOES that, it wont draw stuff really far away until you're closer to save memory or cpu power or something like that.

so, yeah there sort of isnt a fix since its just what the game does.