Problems with the sound in GTA

ataxx

Hi.. I have the problem, that when I have played San Andreas for around 10 min. all the sound fx dissapears. But the music form the radio in the cars is still there.... :(

Does anyone of you know what I can do about this problem.

I didn't have any problems with Vice City or GTA3....

/aTaxX

I have this same problem, but it doesn't occur that often. The only way I have figured out to solve it is to quit the game and come back in. I think this is caused from an old sound card that isn't fully compatable to the game. Hopefully a patch or something will be released and our problems will be solved.

Do you have any sound glitches when it rains? For me, all sounds go away except the radio, and when the rain is over, they all come back. It's weird.

I don't have any sound issues, but I remember in the gamespot review they mentioned that on three different machines they had three different responses from sound. Sound cutting out was one mentioned, the other problem was a loud whirring/screaming sound that would occur in the grove and wouldn't go away 'til you left the area. I would assume all you can do is what for a patch from Rockstar. I'm interested to know why these problems occur tho, seeing as how my system is about 3 or 4 years outdated and I don't have the issue.

I don't have any sound issues, but I remember in the gamespot review they mentioned that on three different machines they had three different responses from sound. Sound cutting out  was one mentioned, the other problem was a loud whirring/screaming sound that would occur in the grove and wouldn't go away 'til you left the area. I would assume all you can do is what for a patch from Rockstar. I'm interested to know why these problems occur tho, seeing as how my system is about 3 or 4 years outdated and I don't have the issue.

If R* were to come out with a patch, where can I find it? Would there be a link on the main page of this site, or do I have to go to R*'s official site?

I don't have any sound issues, but I remember in the gamespot review they mentioned that on three different machines they had three different responses from sound. Sound cutting out  was one mentioned, the other problem was a loud whirring/screaming sound that would occur in the grove and wouldn't go away 'til you left the area. I would assume all you can do is what for a patch from Rockstar. I'm interested to know why these problems occur tho, seeing as how my system is about 3 or 4 years outdated and I don't have the issue.

Yeah i remember that one, strange how it doesent happen to GTa3 noir GTA VC.

hey guys, i have the same problem.. i have a Creative SB Live! card and thought it was compatible with EAX since i use that in other games.. althougth i did change it to something else in Vice City because of crackling and missing sounds, if R* just gave the audio option again that could be the solution to most audio problems. Just hoping that the patch will include that or at least fix the problems!

But for you guys that dont have a clue what the problem might be here's a thread that includes several fixes at GTA Forums that may help!

Leon.