Boat School

I'm trying to get the last gold in boat school but I'm stuck on "Basic Seamanship", where you accelerate the boat and then try to stop in within the buoys in the shortest time. Right now, the best I got was 9.72 seconds and that got me a silver. What time do I need to get a gold? Are there any tricks to getting the shortest time? I've tried timing when to hit "S" and right after 6 seconds seems to get me either too short of the buoys or right around 9.7 seconds. I can't seem to get any lower times than that.

Thanks.

I had the same problem. To get gold, you'll have to reduce the resolution and FX quality to minimum, turn off anti-aliasing and turn off the frame rate limiter. In other words you have to run SA as fast as possible to get gold.

This trick is also required in driving school, most tests are much easier to get gold, but you also take more damage. I've already written about this here. It's an old topic (I still hadn't had all golds at that time, and I was having a really hard time with "Wheelie Wave"). So read it if you're trying to get all golds in all schools. It really helps if you know on which tests you should turn on or turn off the fps limiter.

Sounds interesting. I have all golds for the motorcycle school and driving school. One gold left for boat school and one left for flight school.

I'll turn off the frame limiter for "basic seamanship" and I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Wow, I turned it off and I could instantly see a difference. The game runs so much smoother, and it looks sharper. I will definitely be playing with it off from now on.

I went over and did the last lesson in boat school, and I got it on the first try. What a difference.

Thanks.