POlygon pop-up on Xbox version of GTA: San Andreas

I know this isn't specifically related to GTA since it is more than likely my hardware that causes the problem. But I get really bad polygon pop-up whenever I play GTA San Andreas on my X Box. And about 50% of the time I try to enter a building, it stops loading and says, "The disc you are using may be dirty or damaged..." Is it really the disc I'm using, or is it my X Box?

Any tips on how to fix this? GTA: SA is basically the only game I play and this is really messing up my experience.

most of the times its your disk. But i've had problems with the xbox lens. Clean your disk then try.

I've tried cleaning the disk. But I think it was damaged from day one. I've been getting small amounts of polygon pop-up for a while now, and the first day I got the game, I was playing and it gave me the message about my disk being damaged or dirty. And now that I think about it, the past two games I bought from the same store had the same exact problem.

The good news is, I can get a new disc. The bad news is, I have to crack some skulls at Electronics Boutique.