PS2 Modding

jimmy911

hey all im sorry for being dum or over looking somthing ive had sa on the ps2 for some time when i came accross this site and saw the car mods it was a quick trip down game for a purchase, thought download transfer bob`s your auntie, its seems not and im not gonna lie i aint a clue i have looked up and down the forume for the dumies guide but i cant seem to see anything if there is can someone give me a pointer if not would someone be willing to walk me through it i understand i need an img

many thanks tony

That was perfect english. Let me summarize for you.

1. He has SA for PS2
  2. He wants to mod it
  3. He has downloaded some mods, but can't install them
  4. He needs help
  5. He can't find any help guides for modding the PS2

Now as far as I'm aware, the only way to mod vehicles for the console versions is to edit the San Andreas DVD and burn a new one, using a crack so you can play the copied disk.

It is easy enough to mod for a PC, but since consoles don't install games you can't edit those files.

The IMG file is the archive (a bit like a ZIP) in the installed files of the PC game, in which all the cars and buildings and textures are stored. That is what you need to edit.

My suggestion is to simply buy a PC version of the game, that will be much easier to mod, and wouldn't cost as much as burning a hundred new DVDs for the mods.