Can i modify cars by myself?

simenadahlmo

Hey, i was wondering if i can modify cars myself? Is there any programs to do it or something like that? To style the cars etc.

btw. im talking about GTA:SA for PC

sorry if my english is bad :\

No, i am not talking about the tuning shop's in the game.

A program were i can set custom Paint Jobs on, and stuff liek that, like JVT (dunno for sure what his nick is)

well...u understand what i mean.

ty

Edited by simenadahlmo

first you need a good drawing program. Photoshop would be nice, as long as you know how to use it. I just use a less expensive program that is simple, but gets the job done very well.( i would not recommed MS paint lol)

next you need txd workshop, it's a program where you can add in your own work.( you can get it on this site in the downloads section)

install txd workshop and once that is done, open the program up, and on the top left, select "open IMG"

then search for GTA3.img, this is in: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models

open this up and scroll down on the side untill you get to the textures of the vehicles, this is about 3/4 of the way down the list. ex. one will say : beagle.txd

once you found what vehicle you want to add a paintjob to, there is a sub section on right of the list of all the dff's and txd's. go through those untill you find out what part of the vehicle you want to edit, select it, and press export twice, which is at the center top of the program, save it somewhere you want, and open it up with a painting program and do what you want to it. Just make sure you save it as a BMP. I don't think it matters if it is in the O/S or windows format (those are the options my program offers)

then just open up TXD workshopo again, open up GTA3.img, and go to import.

But if you also want to make your own vehicles, well then you need a program like 3D Studio Max, which is a where you can put in the models of the GTA vehicles at edit them. (go to www.gtaforums.com for more detail on this. ex. what scrpits you need ect.)