Last resort for putting in your own tracks!

Quantum Man

Have you had troubles trying to put in music into your San Andreas game? Warning: before you do any of this, make sure you have tried to do everything in your power in order to get those tracks to work, make sure you look at topics on this site, and look around the web, because this takes some time. This is pretty much a last resort to putting in tracks...AND IT WORKS!

1. If you don't have an audio converter, go to: http://dspguru.doom9.org/ to download the "besweet" audio converter., ALSO DOWNLOAD WINAMP IF YOU DON'T HAVE A MEDIA PLAYER THAT SUPPORTS OGG FILES.

2. Go to: http://koppp.nm.ru/files/SAAT_visual_100.rar to download this key program.

3. Once you have everything installed, take the folder:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas and move the entire folder to "C:\"

4. Once you moved it, rename the folder to: GTASanAndreas (no spaces). This way you now have:

C:\GTASanAndreas

5. Create a folder in C:\ called: gtasaworkdirectory

(Remember: NO SPACES)

6. Open up BeSweet. You will see tons of options. Look on the right side of the program and in the output box, make sure it says: Ogg Vorbis.

7. At the top of the screen, go to input and search for the mp3 you want to convert (note: when you find it, make sure you double click on it. then click OK)

8. Check the output, to make sure it's where you want it to go (probably where the original song is) Then on right side of BeSweet, click on MP3 to OGG (or whatever format the song is in)

9.rename the song to "Track_001.ogg" (you can change this to any number you want, depending on what you want to replace. (I'll get to what I'm talking about soon)

10. Open your SAAT Visual tool and specify where your GTA SA directory is(C:\GTASanAndreas), then where your work directory is(C:\gtasaworkdirectory)

11. You will see a tab that says: Export files, click it

12. At the bottom you will see a line boxing in several options, the title of the section is:"Export files", in there you will see a button that says: "All Stream", click it. A black window will show up. DO NOT CLOSE

THIS WINDOW!! Wait for it to finish by itself, it will take a while.

13. Now you have all the things that have to do with the GTA SA radio in the folder you made called: C:\gtasaworkdirectory. So now, in SAAT Visual 1.0, go to the tab: Import files and click the plus on streams.

You will see a list of folders starting with: AA, ADVERTS, AMBIENCE, BEATS, and so on.....

14. This step is up to you, I just replaced advertisements in the ADVERTS folder, because A. thats all you hear if you go to the user track station, B. you'll be able to hear your music on any station. C. There are multiple beginnings to songs on the other stations (ex. the host says something different for the same song at least 3 times in the beginnig, 3 or so in the middle, and 3 or so in the end. So it's just less of a struggle if you replace in the ADVERTS folder. (You may as well still keep some of the ads, it'll make the user station more like a real one, and so you can still have ads on the regular stations)

15. Expand the ADVERTS folder, select the ad you want to replace(you can listen to the ad if you want by pressing open file on your right. Then press "Repace file" (this guy has bad spelling). Find the OGG you made earlier (if you have to, rename it to the ad you are replacing).

16. Once you have selected the song, closer to the bottom of the SAAT Visual, press "import this", you will see a black window again, it will close soon. Once it closes, exit the program. (Repeat steps 6-9, and 13-16 if you want to put more songs on) ( also: you can put back your GTA folder to its original place in the rockstar folder, and you can rename it as well, just make sure you put it directly back into C:\, and rename it without spaces if you are going to put more songs in)

YOU ARE NOW DONE, MAKE SURE YOU PUT IN MORE THEN ONE SONG BEFORE YOU SEE IF THE FIRST ONE WORKED OUT RIGHT, BECAUSE THERE IS A 1 IN 69 CHANCE YOU'LL HEAR IT RIGHT AWAY. LOL

Quantum Man has created this guide

I hope this gets pinned... (Wink, wink)

Edited by Quantum Man

Good job

Looks like someone other than me understands how to write proper instructions

Instructions like this are what's needed for things like adding mods like the flying/powers code into the SCM

Because right now its written so only the people with the same comprehention level of the person that wrote it can understand it.

Instructions like the ones posted here show anyone how to do it not just a handfull of people

I hope this gets pinned... (Wink, wink)

If not keep making replies in it so it stays bumped

Anyway instructions this simple and detailed are what cause the how to problems to stop

Edited by tx3000

Thanks man, I know how confusing it can be when you just start to get into modding, or something new; So that's why I made sure that I included all the details on how to do this.

(Note: the SAAT visual also allows you to put in you own sound effects. ex. replace motorcycle sounds, gun sounds ECT. Except you press all SFX instead of All stream when exporting, then it's pretty much the same process from there(except now you are dealing with the folders under the SFX folder in the SAAT Visual). But the sounds in the SFX folder are in .WAV format)

Thanks man, I know how confusing it can be when you just start to get into modding, or something new; So that's why I made sure that I included all the details on how to do this.

I have proven and this proves that idiot instructions can be written

You have done it in here

I have some other questions regarding something else I'm going to PM you with.

If you can help me with something both of us may be on to something because I have an idea (Actually my head is swarming with ideas regarding modding) but 1st I need to see if you can help me with something...

• 9 months later...