Mod wont uninstall

Rakim

Firstly i want to say greets to all.Aside from that i am having a problem (a couple actually) with my GTA PC game whereas specific mods wont uninstall i installed the San fierro police car mod and now for what ever reason it wont uninstall from the hard drive i was haivin the typical loading halfway then stopping issue that alot of the guys here were discussing so b4 i asked for help i decided to read the forum a bit and i found that the usual answer was to reinstall so thats what i set out to do and upon my checking for residual folders(something i always so after an uninstall) i found that there were indeed some R* remnants layin around so i proceeded to delete them in order to get a totally "clean" reinstall but i got an error prompting me that there was a problem deleting two of the files.The SF cop car mod and the Big Bob chopper mod but when i tried to uninstall them using the SAMI it told me that a certain string was not found within the file if anyone has had a similar problem or has suggestions on how i can fix mine i would greatly appreciate it... all suggestions are welcome and will be considered:D TANK Q in advance

Firstly i want to say greets to all.Aside from that i am having a problem (a couple actually) with my GTA PC game whereas specific mods wont uninstall i installed the San fierro police car mod and now for what ever reason it wont uninstall from the hard drive i was haivin the typical loading halfway then stopping issue that alot of the guys here were discussing so b4 i asked for help i decided to read the forum a bit and i found that the usual answer was to reinstall so thats what i set out to do and upon my checking for residual folders(something i always so after an uninstall) i found that there were indeed some R* remnants layin around so i proceeded to delete them in order to get a totally "clean" reinstall but i got an error prompting me that there was a problem deleting two of the files.The SF cop car mod and the Big Bob chopper mod but when i tried to uninstall them using the SAMI it told me that a certain string was not found within the file if anyone has had a similar problem or has suggestions on how i can fix mine i would greatly appreciate it... all suggestions are welcome and will be considered:D TANK Q in advance

What do you mean you can't uninstall the mod? That doesn't make sense.

You actually cannot uninstall a mod

When you replace and or take out the original files you are actually overwriting the old code....So its actually getting deleted.......

Go replace every single file you modded with the original ones and if that doesn't work then you will need to reinstall the game

Well i do apologize,"uninstall" was poor wording as well as a vague description on my behalf although uninstall is the wording that the creator of the SAMI uses as well...when i say uninstall i mean that the folder in which the mod can not be deleted neither manually nor by using the uninstall a mod feature of the SAMI.When i do attempt to use the SAMI i get an error which states that a specific script is not in the folder so the mod wont be used. not in those words but thats a basic translation of the message....I have tried to reinstall the program(GTS SA) but the file in question remains... any ideas? :erm:

EDIT actual wording of error: The line specified in the script for replace text command does not exist in the specified file.

It then gives me a line of script i am lead to believe that if i am able to replace the missing script then i will be able to delete the mod

Edited by Rakim

Well i do apologize,"uninstall" was poor wording as well as a vague description on my behalf although uninstall is the wording that the creator of the SAMI uses as well...when i say uninstall i mean that the folder in which the mod can not be deleted neither manually nor by using the uninstall a mod feature of the SAMI.When i do attempt to use the SAMI i get an error which states that a specific script is not in the folder so the mod wont be used. not in those words but thats a basic translation of the message....I have tried to reinstall the program(GTS SA) but the file in question remains... any ideas? :erm:

EDIT actual wording of error: The line specified in the script for replace text command does not exist in the specified file.

It then gives me a line of script i am lead to believe that if i am able to replace the missing script then i will be able to delete the mod

Try it and see what happenes..if not I say do this:

1) Reboot you're computer

2) Go in and hand delete the folder called SAMI and then put back all the files that were in SAMI before you got screwed---In otherwords reset the SAMI folder by using the steps above

Let me know if this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Try it and see what happenes..if not I say do this:

1) Reboot you're computer

2) Go in and hand delete the folder called SAMI and then put back all the files that were in SAMI before you got screwed---In otherwords reset the SAMI folder by using the steps above

Let me know if this helps

TX3000 i do appreciate the info i finally got the residual mod folders to go away but not by using any of the methods either of us thought would work. i still do not know what the issue was but what i do know is that i was able to get rid of the file folders in question by gettting my hands on a keen little move on boot tool and another great unlocker tool, which i i will be more than glad to post links that reference the sites i fonund them on in the event that someone wishes to get them just in case they ever run into issues where they have stubborn files that wont delete for what ever reason...My only sugggestion is simply to be cautious and sensible when using these tools because sometimes windows "locks" (protects them from deletion) certain files for a reason so in light of that you have to be careful when using the tools to "unlock" and force delete files cuz you may very well FUBAR your whole OS :cry:

So again thanks and off i go to see if i can learn some of this stuff i am reading about around here!! :thumbsup: