Mod.RAR

LoneWolf62798003

I wanna know how to use RAR files. what do I need to have in order to use it?

(People Piss me off)

Ok seeing as how no one has helped you yet on a HELP forum I will help you

You don't use or install .Rar Files. You extract them. All .Rar files are, are an advanced version of winzip

Except with the winRAR archive tool u can extract more types of files than you can with winzip

For what you want to do, this is all you are going to need:

Step by step do this:

1) Get winrar it here:

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar36b8.exe

Save it to your desktop

2) Double click the icon and then install it to Where ever you want to (I suggest to install it where its already set to go - but if you want to use the browse button at the top of the program after you double click it and install it to where u want then click install at the bottom

3) On install runs (Should be no more than 10 Seconds to install it) you will arrive at a screen what you want to click on this screen is the select all button on the left side

4) If the Add winRAR to desktop option is not selected then make sure it’s checked off

5) If any of these are checked then uncheck them,

Add winRAR to start menu

Create WinRAR program group

Intergrate winRAR into Shell

6) All that's left to do is click OK at the bottom then another screen will come up -- Then just click Done

Now for the record this program will expire in 30 days and when you go to try to extract something a box will pop up stating to purchase a winRAR license -- Just ignore all that and click close

Even though u get this message winRAR can be used over and over - Just like winzip

You can even open winzip files with this on top of that this program is good for any download.

In short this is an all around good program to have in general

HOW TO USE WINRAR

If anything you Download is in .rar format then The 1st time you open a .rar file it will probably ask you what do you want to open the file with (Select from list or use the internet to find a program) Select the select program from list and browse to where you have the winrar.exe set it to use this program whenever opening this type of file and from then on all you need to do is double click the .rar file

How to open a .rar file (this is what I do)

1) Save the file to my desktop

2) Double click the file

3) Close the Buy license box that pops up

4) Highlight (Like you were using a copy and paste feature) and Drag all the files either into a folder I created on my desktop or drag the folder that was already created for me in the file and drag that to my desktop wait a few seconds and after checking to see if all the files that were in the .rar are in there then close winrar and delete the .rar file or keep it as a back up

Well there you have it and I hope this helps

Let me know how you make out with this