player texture

LoneWolf62798003

for some reason, when I edit the head textures, and when I edit the plaid sun hat, those work.

here is my gripe:

when I edit the black suit jacket or the leather jacket, they give me the texture of the naked man, as though skin were to be wrapped around the clothes. it kinda bothers me, because I am trying to make textures to go with my videos that I am making. I want the biker jacket to not have the snake. I want the suit to look like something I'd wear.

I succeeded in making the colored hair textures look like shit, but I cant get the clothes to look cool! the plaid sun hat looked ok, but I used a bad color. I used bright green for what I wanted to be camo.

I got the idea from a military mod, where the guy used the good black hat instead of the shitty plaid one that nobody (me anyway) likes.

I plan to make my own military mod. I plan to make the Marine Dress Uniform from the didier sach suits, as well as other dress uniforms. the suits at victim, I plan to turn them into really good suits for the use of people who like the military. though a shooting would never really take place voluntarily in these uniforms, I also plan to make proper bdu of other stuff.

what I need is the following:

knowledge on how to make the textures not become "f*** you's" for my effort.

a list of which items are which with the clothing (because I plan to replace specific things and I want to know what the hell to look for when I go to wear it).

requests for anything specific that you guys might like. I plan to share things that I do with you guys. you guys (some of you) have made mods that I have used and liked. I wanna return the favor.

soon, I will put some weapons into kits and place them in zip folders. I will try my best to give credit where it is due, because I will not take praise for actions not mine. I might have different textures for weapons, because I am fun like that. I know how to do stuff with weapons to customize real use.

so what I need, I'll say again

knowledge on how to edit clothes and make them work right

list of what clothes are which

requests.

what clothes (tactical) would you most likely use? urban desert woodland or night? I wanna know so I can make the right stuff.

also, which default clothes are so stupid that you would not use them? include file name, and shop location.

and how do I make a texture show up instead of showing the player torso texture?