Custom Soundtacks

First of all, the "MP3" folder (where yoiu put custom soundtracks) in GTA:SA isnt in the same installation folder as with GTA:VC and GTAIII, if i remember well, its on "My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files", there is a folder (dont know the name tough).

But it has to do with Sountrack, or MP3 :)

Hope it helped

First of all, the "MP3" folder (where yoiu put custom soundtracks) in GTA:SA isnt in the same installation folder as with GTA:VC and GTAIII, if i remember well, its on "My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files", there is a folder (dont know the name tough).

But it has to do with Sountrack, or MP3 :)

Hope it helped

So inmy Docs are where the tracks are stored? I have My Docs on a USB drive, is that Okay?

'Ey buddy, dont be so hard :)

Well, you should have the "My Documents" folder in the computer, it usually is in the Desktop.

If ya have the folder in a Pen Drive, then i dont know, because the game kinda is configured to store the saved files in a certain place, wich cannot be changed.

As i know, the "address" to My Documents folder should be: C:\Documents And Settings\(Computer/User name)\My Documents.

Lol, ok, but you can save and load games properly in GTA:SA, right?

Yeah, but to Drive C:\ and if I have to format C:\ I lose my data!

Sometimes when I save, or just start it up or for no reason the mouse has issues.

In game it does nothing, except I can use the middle button to switch weapon, but it doesnt control camera or click dont aim/shoot.

In Menu clicking an option wont acticate it, but moving the mouse over selected it, like I can move but not click, so I move and press enter.

Sometimes restarting helps, sometimes just switching an option off then back on, or lowerign then highyering brightness and returning helps.

Other times it freezes, I then Sett Affinity in Task Manager to only Allow "CPU 0" and not "CPU 1", force quit and restart, I am not sure if this is save game related or what :(...

Its on my USB hard drive for a reason,it saves but I dont know where..

I just checked the My Docs on USB and there is a folder called "GTA San Andreas User Files"

In it are

Gallery [from when I use da Camera??]

User Tracks [is this what In want, I made this topic on how to play user tracks so I just put MP3s in here??]

ANd thse files:

gta_sa.set

GTASAsf1.b

Are GTASAsf1.b and gta_sa.set my save game? If they are then my game automatically saves to my USB disk, thats good, I thought it would save to C:\..

Edited by MPG a/k/a RealG187

Well, then you should put the songs in "User Tracks" :)

And yes, GTASAsf1.b is the save game, but i dont know what the gta_sa.set file is, but its both in GTAIII, VC and SA

Yeah, its all good, I can save/load files and run CST MP3 off of my USB..

I am assumeing Vice City and GTA3 are the same?

Yup they are the same.

[offtopic]If you hate Windows so much, why do you use Vista?[/offtopic]

I figure if you gotta have the world's worst OS, might as well have the latest version, besides it came with my Laptop!

You run XP on a Mac Dualboot? Can you run XP directly dont you need a host OS? I have WM Ware but the Virtual Video card is only 3 MB. MS Virtual PC 2007 has it at 8 which isnt much better and I cant use my USB Devices [PSP USBhosts needs XP, USBHosts is a thing for hacked PSPs to stream games off a computers hard drive]

http://putstuff.putfile.com/73140/8996672

I uploaded this as a POC for running Mac on Windows, its a really old B&W Mac but it shows it can be done...

out your soundtracks into the GTA:SAN ANDREAS USER FILES...

Actually its in a folder within that [right in there might work but its more organized]

Also, you have to scan to get the tracks to work, by default its off I was pissed off when all I was hearing was commercials!

Edited by Broz B4 Ho'z

A couple things that might help:

I think the file gta_sa.set saves you controller settings.

There is an option in AUDIO to insert commercials into the user tracks.

You can put shortcuts (1 for each song)to your MP3s in the USER TRACKS folder instead of the actual MP3s,

saves a ton of space.

There's also SCAN USER TRACKS, don't forget to do this so the game knows you have MP3s to play.

If it's still not working, make sure you have the right CODEC for your MP3 player, in my case that's Windows Media Player 10

Awile back I found a tool, I think called GTASA PLAYLISTER, that claimed to edit playlists so your tracks would be on

the radio stations instead of the user track player. I never messed w/ myself but maybe it's what your looking for.

This should put you on the right track.

I think the tracks for the other stations are compiled into files in the AUDIO folder, possibly as .OGG, so the game may support them. Also, SA uses your MP3 player software (Windows Media Player 10 for me) to bring in the tracks so it makes sense that you could also play .WAV or other formats supported by the player.

From the way your last post read, did you get your User Track Player Working?