The aliens dont like me

v0helios

ok ive gone throught alot of trouble (reinstalling gta san andreas modding the hunter chopper for a ufo then installing the downgrade patch) and i finally got it working to where i type in the cheat code "ohdude" that normally spawns the hunter chopper now spawns the ufo. thats good but there is one problem......i cant get into it!! ive tried everything and there is no way i can get in the ufo and drive it...and i know you can cause ive seen people do it and i need some help >.<

Try jumoing intop of it to get in... like jump onto it then prees f or enter or whatever the button you have is....

Tried....many times......don't work at all

I tell you waht, i'll try it. In the meantime, reinstall, and i'l se what i can do for you, okay mate. Good stuff.

which one is it, a linky would be nice...

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

ok thanks....heres the link where i downloaded it from....but remember i changed the .txd and .dff or whatever from sparrow to hunter so i could enter the cheat code to make one spawn directly behind me....

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?ac...ile&id=1113

Ok buddy, i'll start work now...

alright ill be here......you got aim or anything just in case?

v0helios - you said you got the downgrader working. I know of people who have had problems with it & would appreciate

knowing how you got that sorted.

As for your problem -

STEP 1 - BACK UP ANY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

1 - HANDLING.CFG & VEHICLES.IDE (both in your DATA folder) list animations for the vehicles in the game. You said you replaced the Sparrow instead of the Hunter the UFO was intended to replace, this almost sounds like a problem there but that's just a guess. You didn't say anything about the game locking up or crashing so I doubt it's a conflict from the UFO

model being used for a vehicle other than the one intended (the Hunter has weapons, the Sparrow doesn't).

2 - An alternate solution is if you got the downgrader working is a simple script edit to place your vehicle in a convenient

location. I can't get the hunter to show up early in the game, but I think I can get a Sea Sparrow to. SA Mission Builder 3.3 Is a good tool to do this. If you want, I can give you the code to park helis in convenient locations.

Here's the Mission Builder -

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?ac...file&id=533

v0helios - you said you got the downgrader working. I know of people who have had problems with it & would appreciate

knowing how you got that sorted.

As for your problem -

STEP 1 - BACK UP ANY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

1 - HANDLING.CFG & VEHICLES.IDE (both in your DATA folder) list animations for the vehicles in the game. You said you replaced the Sparrow instead of the Hunter the UFO was intended to replace, this almost sounds like a problem there but that's just a guess. You didn't say anything about the game locking up or crashing so I doubt it's a conflict from the UFO

model being used for a vehicle other than the one intended (the Hunter has weapons, the Sparrow doesn't).

2 - An alternate solution is if you got the downgrader working is a simple script edit to place your vehicle in a convenient

location. I can't get the hunter to show up early in the game, but I think I can get a Sea Sparrow to. SA Mission Builder 3.3 Is a good tool to do this. If you want, I can give you the code to park helis in convenient locations.

Here's the Mission Builder -

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?ac...file&id=533

For the downgrader?.....i dunno i just saved it on my desktop the i opened it and it went throught a little install process and it worked perfect, i had no problems trying to get it to work whatsoever, as for the people that have problems with it....i dunno what to say