Problems with vehicle moddin' in GTA SA

icarus221

I think that would be caused by you not having changed the relevant line in vehicles.ide with what is in the readme - that controls things like wheels.

I've tried it. The only problem this particular car mod presents is the bigger wheels. I've changed the lines indicated in the readme file in these files: vehicles.ide, handling.cfg and carcols.dat and the wheel size didn't seem to change.

In order to replace the ddf and txd files i've used the GGMM (GTA Garage Mod Manager) 1.5

Edited by icarus221

Hey, y dont u use a simpler method ? if u have an IMG tool,use it to replace the .txd and .dff files

sure take a backup of gta3.img, cuz not doin that did a sh/t on me...i had to re-install the game though...then simply u shud rebuild archive

<dont get angry if u've already tried and failed on this one>

Using GGMM is simpler than doing it manually (editing gta3.img and all the config files). It is still a manual install because he picks the DFF and TXD and puts the lines of code for handling etc into a box, but he doesn't have to go round doing it himself.

Not sure if the DMagic1 wheel mod would even play a part in this?

Using GGMM is simpler than doing it manually (editing gta3.img and all the config files). It is still a manual install because he picks the DFF and TXD and puts the lines of code for handling etc into a box, but he doesn't have to go round doing it himself.

Not sure if the DMagic1 wheel mod would even play a part in this?

wowie, i talked only of those mods which require only txd/dff replacement...and not those which require collision files/config,etc.

anyways using txd workshop is more better since there is no rebuildind archive in it...

GGMM is just as quick to install a DFF and TXD into gta3.img as using IMG tool is, and its less risky to use GGMM IMO, and it can very simply be used to replace other details as well, such as config (not collision though).

You don't have to rebuild archive for IMG Tool, that's just if you're adding/removing stuff without replacing.

GGMM is just as quick to install a DFF and TXD into gta3.img as using IMG tool is, and its less risky to use GGMM IMO, and it can very simply be used to replace other details as well, such as config (not collision though).

You don't have to rebuild archive for IMG Tool, that's just if you're adding/removing stuff without replacing.

Alright, at least i'm doing somithing right :rolleyes: Now how would i get the shelby not looking like a mini-monster truck? Should i edit the dff file or can i do anything to the vehicles.ide, handling.cfg or carcols.dat to specifically reduce the wheels size?